PRODUCT MANAGER II
Location: Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Product Management Teams manage all aspects of a product, from driving new product development to manufacturing to marketing. They are responsible for overall product strategy, business leadership and capacity plans in order to meet sales and profit targets.
The Product Manager will be in charge of a specific product technology within the MV Cable Accessories portfolio. The main responsibility will be to achieve consistent and profitable annual growth ahead of the relevant markets. They will work across functions to manage all aspects of the product life cycle from skillful planning to day-to-day activities, with an emphasis on defining and executing the planned goals associated with the product line.
- Drives sustaining profitable growth for a well-established and innovative Product Line through Go-To-Market activities, New Product Development and Pricing Initiatives.
- Defines the Regional Product Line strategies for the Portfolio on a 5-year timeline and creates roadmaps for the Product Lines derived from the portfolio strategy and an execution plan. Considers input from the regions to produce a comprehensive strategy in a balanced way.
- Manages gross margin improvements and increases cost competitiveness with creation of business plans for the products, new product developments and product improvements (sustaining, TEBIT).
- Establishes processes for continuous tracking of market prices, target cost analysis per product and consistent cost-out programs.
- Interact with the customer base to take in their strategy and product requirements and to drive internal development activities to bolster this.
- Forecast planning for the Product Portfolio (volume, value, margin, production capacity, investments).
- Continuously drive streamlining initiatives to optimize the Product Portfolio.
- Compile and present regular reports on the performance of the product line against the relevant key performance metrics (revenue growth, margin, new product sales, etc.).
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or similar OR other equivalent work experience.
- More than 3 years’ experience in Product Management or Product Specialist roles in the field of Electrical Power Supply or Electrical Networks
- Entrepreneurship combined with strategic thinking.
- Good communication skills and abilities to establish and motivate teams in a x-functional environment.
- Result and solution oriented
- Financial analysis
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $75,600k - 113,400k annually (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets