SR MGR COMMERCIAL FINANCE (Remote)
Location: Middletown, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Sensors is seeking a Senior Manager for Global Commercial Finance. This position will serve as the primary business partner to Sales and Customer Care and report to the report to the Sensors Sr Director, FP&A. This critical role drives insights through enhanced reporting, analysis and improved forecast processes largely focused on demand and bookings. This role also works in close collaboration with our regional finance shared service centers to address meaningful improvement on AR collection and past due reduction, as well as achieving ECE goals. The preferred location for this position is in the US.
Role & Responsibilities
- Manage Sensors Commercial Finance team with two Financial Analysts.
- Business partnership with Sales team on Bookings forecast, address process improvement, and forecast accuracy improvement.
- Finance liaison for SI&OP process. Engage in SI&OP discussions with Sales, PM, Demand teams, and supply chain and provide value-added input from Commercial Finance perspective. Align with subvertical finance on revenue and standard margin monthly forecast.
- Participate in strategic discussions with Sales, Strategic and Sub-vertical GMs regarding market trends and impacts to Sensors. Deliver enhanced insight on markets and increased understanding of bookings / sales YoY, sequential walk, etc.
- Oversee Commercial Finance routine reports including daily bookings / billing report, weekly sales report, weekly AR report, etc. Highlight to the business the focus areas or address action needed in the reports when there is shortfall / risk vs forecast.
- Oversee backlog analysis, address risk & opportunities to sales and supply chain.
- Manage sales and standard margin review during month end close, lead gross to net sales analysis, closely follow up with financial shared services when needed to address issues. Perform Sales & Standard Margin volume and mix analysis for actual vs forecast.
- Responsible for the commercial finance related deliverables in monthly Sensors financial reporting deck, quarterly forecast, ER deck, annual budget, strategic plan, etc. Support FP&A Director to complete deliverables to SLT and Segment.
- Drive Accounts Receivable improvement via partnership with Finance Shared Services, Customer Care, and Sales. Drive KPI improvement of DSO reduction and past due AR reduction.
- Review /approve payment term per DOA. Make sure payment terms alignment to TE Standard
- Review /approve credit memo requests and closely follow up if with significant business case.
- Encourage and lead continuous process improvement and automation projects, to provide better business partnership with increased capacity and capability.
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or other analytical field. MBA is a preferred
- 8+ years of experience with financial analysis, reporting, sales trend analysis, and distilling key takeaways from a set of data.
- Experience with team management.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written, ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Deals well with ambiguity, demonstrates intellectual curiosity and ownership of tasks
- Proficiency in TE Data Warehouse tools, SAP, and IBP. Tableau is a plus.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint.
- Results Orientation: Exhibits a compelling drive for accomplishing goals. Translates the business vision into actionable, quantifiable plans. Conveys a strong sense of urgency. Makes tough business decisions based on the facts, and raises difficult issues with others in a candid, straightforward manner.
- Build Business Partnerships: Displays deep loyalty to management, the organization and subordinates. Operates comfortably through influence and has excellent communication skills in persuading and building commitment. Readily connects with others and motivates others to pursue common objectives.
- Strategic and Execution Capabilities: Navigates confidently and effectively in ambiguous situations and complex environments. Anticipates future business opportunities and develops strategies to address them. Ability to simultaneously work in the details of the business, as needed, while also staying focused on the big picture.
- Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answer
Values: Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork, Innovation
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $145,000 - $217,000 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets