Product Development Engineer - Signal Integrity
Location: Middletown, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
Consumer, network, and data center applications change at an exponential pace and the Data & Devices (D&D) business unit at TE Connectivity is at the heart of a continuously expanding connected life. Accordingly, we provide responsive, iterative, and fundamentally agile capabilities and conceive, design, and manufacture to support today's demands. Our customers are building the devices and the infrastructure that is redefining what information technology means. Our products push markets and meet the ever-changing needs of the evolving, more connected, data-driven world. We are enhancing the way we do business, focusing on the most important things and staying agile and responsive to the needs of a faster, more connected world.
As a Sr. Product Dvl Engineer in the Signal Integrity team, you will focus on the electrical design, simulation, and verification-validation testing of high-speed products in the connector and/or cable assembly, radio system industry—targeting high-speed communications and connectivity within data centers and wireless infrastructure. You will be expected to independently work on projects in the areas of signal integrity for product and system design including modeling, simulation, testing, and circuit board layout. You will work collaboratively within a broader cross-functional team of mechanical, manufacturing, & operations to execute leading-edge product designs. You will be the subject matter expert for the signal integrity performance of a product/platform beginning with the initial analysis through prototype fabrication & evaluation, and production verification testing. You will tackle challenging design problems and utilize simulation tools to guide complex designs toward success.
- Subject matter expert in signal integrity design, simulation, and validation activities through product development cycles
- Establishing signal integrity design performance/functional requirements for new products
- Performing signal integrity simulations for multiple high-speed standards on each product. This includes determining the correct simulation methodology and setup to use, as well as a good understanding of the criteria for each interface.
- Performing PCB design schematic and layout reviews
- Creating actionable recommendations based on design reviews and simulation results
- Guiding connector design and component qualifications from a signal integrity standpoint. Making data-driven decisions about the product functionality and areas for improvement.
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Master’s degree a PLUS
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in a signal integrity engineering role
- Experience with interconnect design or experience with connector &/or cable/cable assembly design (high-speed twinax cables, direct attach copper (DAC) cables), &/or RF antenna, RF sub-system
- Signal integrity analysis tools (Agilent ADS, Ansys HFSS, or equivalent tools)
- A solid understanding of electromagnetic theory and electrical circuit behavior
- Strong analytical capabilities to interpret simulation and lab data to identify issues and provide solutions to fix identified problems. SixSigma methodologies or other strong data analytics background a PLUS.
- Familiarity with printed circuit board design, fabrication, and assembly. Proficient in Altium a PLUS
- Experience in project leadership, especially as it applies to design, development & manufacturing teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a global environment – able to accommodate varying time zones, fluent in English (verbal/written), able to collaborate with individuals across geographies
- The individual must be highly motivated, a quick learner, and able to work independently
Nice to have Skills/Experience:
- Printed circuit board design, fabrication, and assembly (Altium, AutoCAD)
- Test equipment (oscilloscope, vector network analyzer, BERT)
- Communication systems (high-speed servers, switches, routers, storage)
- Signal conditioning techniques (equalization, amplification)
- Connector and cable assembly, antenna, and RF hardware (RF interface to baseband) design
- Direct customer design and support experience
- Application and test knowledge of high-speed devices and equalization techniques is a plus
- Design experience with high-speed servers, switches, routers, storage, antenna, RF front end, or similar systems is a plus
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $107,680 – $161,520 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets