MGR II PRODUCT MANAGEMENT - Remote
Location: Mansfield, Ohio
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Product Management Teams manage all aspects of a product, from driving new product development to manufacturing to marketing. They are responsible for overall product strategy, business leadership and capacity plans in order to meet sales and profit targets.
AD&M is seeking an experienced Senior Manager of Product Management located in Harrisburg, PA or remote. The position will have responsibility for the profitable growth of Relays product lines in the AD&M portfolio, running the portfolio as a mini-GM. This position will manage a team of global product managers. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of profitable revenue growth, effective profit & loss management, and successful new product development leadership. Key skill sets include product strategy/roadmap creation & execution, excellent communication skills, leadership through influence, providing guidance and vision to your team, and a strong desire to win.
- Lead a team of product managers to meet financial and strategic goals.
- Formulate and execute plans to strategically grow existing product lines and launch new products.
- Articulate market trends, demand drivers, customer needs, industry trends, and competitive landscape
- Leverage market segmentation to develop market & customer segment-specific strategies.
- Conduct competitive analysis and benchmarking & formulation of actions to out-perform competition.
- Manage the P&L for a series of product lines (profit, loss, pricing, margin, etc.)
- Champion new business development by translating market and customer insight into new business / product opportunities, focus on driving revenue growth at existing and new customer accounts, and driving opportunities for short and long-term revenue growth.
- Formulate growth strategy for product sets.
- Sets strategic vision for product line, build and maintain product roadmaps, and translate market / customer needs into product definitions and requirements
- Manage life cycle of products from conception through end of life including: justification for prototype designs, working with development engineering and the customer to determine specs, product launch, product modifications, market positioning, pricing changes, delivery, manufacturing performance, end-of-life decisions
- Use of VOC (Voice of Customer) tools to understand customers’ technology needs, map future needs, and translate them into a product plan
- Knowledge and analysis of competitors and competitor products. Diagnose competitive landscape and formulates actions to out-perform competition
- Equip sales teams through development and delivery of product training and sales promotions to increase revenues.
- Forecast both market conditions and sales for manufacturing operations (S&OP)
- Utilize product, market, and competitive knowledge to recommend / establish product pricing actions / strategy
- Partnering with the sales organization, drive high levels of customer satisfaction by managing the customer relationship including quality, delivery and profitability;
- Serve as Opportunity Champion for new development projects
- Manages and develops other product managers
What your background should look like:
- Due to ITAR regulations, US citizenship or US lawful permanent residency (green card) is required to apply for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business required. MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of management or product management experience, preferably for an electronics product line in a related industry.
- Demonstrated experience in managing product line P&L and ensure adequate return on investment of capital and inventory.
- Demonstrated experience in managing direct reports.
- Experience managing a full product life cycle (i.e. setting strategic vision, building / maintaining product roadmaps, etc)
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate cross functionally and to influence without direct authority.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; can clearly articulate vision and collaborate across multiple global teams. Creates and delivers concise presentations for both internal and external audiences.
- Strong track record of delivering results. Effectively plans and organizes activities and then meets commitments. Sets challenging goals, prioritizes tasks, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability.
- Proven ability in building and maintaining strong customer relationships.
- Strong negotiation skills; experience in pricing or contract negotiations desirable
- Ability and willingness to travel as required.
- Strong desire to win.
Please note: This position may involve working with technical data, technology, software/source code, hardware or other items (collectively “items) subject to U.S. and non-U.S. export control laws and regulations. Under these regulations, it may be necessary for TE to verify a candidate’s national origin and/or citizenship status to determine whether a U.S. or other government export license is required prior to releasing its technologies to the candidate. If TE determines that TE will require a license or will be prohibited by applicable laws from providing the candidate with items necessary for the performance of this position, then TE expressly reserves the right to either a) make an offer of employment contingent upon TE receiving required export licenses from the appropriate government agency, b) consider the candidate for a different position that is not subject to such restrictions, on whatever terms and conditions TE shall establish in its sole discretion, or c) decline to move forward with the candidate’s application.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $129,120 - $193,680 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets