PRODUCTION OPERATOR II
Location: Fremont, California
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Manufacturing/Production Teams transform raw materials into finished goods and ensure component flow. They perform changeovers and setups according to production schedule, perform quality checks according to established processes and document the results as required by our quality procedures. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
- Operate assigned mechatronics processes, order and stock components, restart production and
- remove and package finished product. Perform all paperwork, tooling and/or program
- changeovers when necessary or as directed.
- Perform Quality Inspection Plan to ensure product is acceptable
- Completes necessary operational paperwork required to maintain the integrity of the work cell.
- Perform preventative maintenance as required.
- May troubleshoot and perform minor repairs (clearing jams, re-start, etc.) to equipment.
- General housekeeping of work area.
- Follow company and department guidelines, procedures and policies.
- Follows safety guidelines.
- Performs all other work related duties as assigned.
What your background should look like:
- HS diploma or GED
- Basic computer skills.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to interpret product blueprints preferred.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work to successfully accomplish job duties.
- Experience with using measuring devices (gages, callipers, etc.)
- 1 year prior experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Must be able to move materials weighing up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to remain in stationary position 75% of the time
- Must be able to bend and/r stoop 5%-10% of the time.
- Must be able to operate machinery
- Must be able to move between work zones
This job description is subject to change at any time.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $45,760 – $49,920 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets
This position requires access to information which is subject to stringent controls under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. lawful permanent resident, person granted asylee status in the U.S., or person admitted into the U.S. as a refugee.