Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Test Engineer will be responsible for Design Verification, Product Validation and Troubleshooting
Laboratory activities. The job requires the Engineer to read and understand industry specifications, to discuss
testing procedures and results with the Engineering team, prepare samples and perform tests, report test
results and write test reports.
What You'll Be Doing...
- Discuss tests procedures with requester's based on given specifications and define testing setup.
- Control and identify testing samples.
- Follow time frame given for testing.
- Define required fixtures for testing set ups.
- Perform required testing on samples as per specifications.
- Provide analysis of tested samples.
- Provide verbal and written report of testing results.
What Your Background Should look like:
- BS Degree in Engineering, Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Good communication & presentation skills (oral & written).
- Ability to deal with multiple priorities, multi-tasking and establish priorities based on urgencies and
- Ability to work well within a cross-functional diverse team including engineering, management, and quality
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Self-starter and enthusiastic.
- Some experience in technical laboratories and knowledge to operate testing equipment such as
- Fundamental knowledge automotive harnessing, plastics and other materials.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite.
- 3D CAD experience a plus (Creo preferred).
This position is located at our Greensboro, NC site.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $64,720 - $97,080
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets