PRODUCT MANAGER IV
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Data and Devices business unit of TE Connectivity has an opportunity for a Global Product Manager for the Internal Cable and Connector product team based in the US.
The Global Product Manager will have responsibility for identifying and understanding trends in following generation data center ecosystems and architectures, then translating those trends to the appropriate product launches and New Product roadmap. Global Product Managers will act as a “mini” GM, driving the overall product strategy, business leadership, and capacity plans to achieve revenue and gross margin targets that enable long-term competitiveness and success of the product line.
This role requires strong strategic thinking, regional experience, and a proactive work ethic. This role must closely collaborate cross-functionally with colleagues in Sales, Engineering, Operations, and Marketing to gain alignment and drive the successful execution of the product roadmaps.
What you will be doing:
- Define market trends, demand drivers, customer needs, industry trends, and competitive landscape
- Conduct market segmentation to develop market segment-specific strategies
- Business development in the US region- Drive sales/FAE/SA team to fuel pipeline across the whole ICC portfolio to support ICC growth plan
- Conduct competitive analysis and benchmarking
- Develop product roadmaps that align with business strategy
- Work with R&D and Operations in the development of new products to meet current and future customer requirements
- Develop market-based cost targets to align with BU profitability targets and align product teams to achieve those targets
- Manage the product lifecycle, focusing on capacity expansion ramps and defining the correct cost early in design cycles
- Establish pricing policy
- Attend customer meetings in support of winning new business
- Exercise thought leadership
- Manage the assigned portfolios' P&L (sales and gross or standard margin).
What your background should look like:
- 7-10 years of product management and engineering experience
- Relevant product or industry experience desired
- 4-year technical degree required
- Creative and innovative thinker able to provide input on the development of product strategies and relevant business plans with the ability to execute
- Vital interpersonal, planning, organization, and teamwork skills
- Experienced leader with an ability to influence cross-functional teams and build strong relationships both internally and externally
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $125,600 - $188,400 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets