Cloud Security Engineer
Location: #, PA, US, _
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
As a Cloud Security Engineer at TE Connectivity, you will be responsible for ensuring the security and reliability of our cloud environment with a strong emphasis on application security. You will work closely with our development and operations teams to implement and maintain security best practices.
Must have experience:
- Cloud – Configuration Posture management S of IAAS/PAAS.
- AppSec light - OWASP top 10, containers, some provable experience in appsec (DAST, SAST, Pentests)
- Mid-Level Programming Skills.
- Able to easily prioritize and communicate relevant security threats and vulnerabilities to all levels of varying audiences (Development, Management, Executives).
- General InfoSec Knowledge.
- Secure business applications and computing environments across public, private or hybrid cloud infrastructures.
- Assess, design, and implement security measures to protect cloud-based applications and infrastructure.
- Conduct regular security audits and vulnerability assessments of our cloud environment.
- Collaborate with development teams to integrate security practices into the software development lifecycle.
- Monitor and respond to security incidents and threats in the cloud environment.
- Stay up-to-date with industry best practices and emerging threats to proactively enhance our security measures.
- Assist with development, maintenance and utilization of scripts (e.g., Python, Ruby, etc.) to support custom Automation for securing the environment.
- Attend regular technical project and implementation meetings, and serve as the security consultant to help guide secure application and infrastructure configurations.
- Manage remediation efforts after security assessment findings prioritize weaknesses requiring attention.
- Document, formulate and enforce areas of security improvement that balance risk with business operations and do not diminish efficiencies or innovation.
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Proven experience in cloud security, with a focus on application security.
- Strong knowledge of cloud platforms (AWS and Azure).
- Experienced in cloud networking architecture and cloud operations.
- Strong general information security principles.
- Understanding of common application security vulnerabilities and their remediations (OWASP Top 10).
- Some understanding of static and dynamic analysis tools for DevSecOps.
- Some experience with Container security and container security solutions for Docker, K8’s, ECS, AKS and Fargate.
- Proven track record of being a self-starter and driving projects to completion with little oversight.
- Proficiency in security best practices and tools for cloud environments and on prem.
- Experience with security assessment tools, penetration testing, and vulnerability management.
- Network and encryption experience, including virtual private networks (VPNs), IPsec, SSL/TLS, LDAP and public key infrastructure (PKI).
- Proven track record of running Penetration Tests and Security assessments involving a 3rd party vendor assessment and then working with relevant teams internally to remediate.
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills.
- Strong Linux and Windows support skills.
- Limited experience with Git, Jenkins, Terraform and Cloud Formation (usage or concepts).
- Some scripting experience, preferably Python but all Langs welcome.
- Track record of acting with integrity, taking pride in work, seeking to excel, being curious and adaptable, and communicating effectively.
- Self-motivated and -directed, well-organized and able to position controls in anticipation of threats.
- Successful track record collaborating with technical and non-technical teams to promote ideas to support business enablement.
- Relevant certifications (e.g., AWS Certified Security – Specialty, AZ500) is a plus.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience:$116,560– 174,840 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets