SR Failure Analysis & Reliability Engineer
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity is seeking an engineer to join our Harrisburg Failure Analysis and Reliability Engineering (HFAR) group. The position reports to the manager of the HFAR group. The successful candidate will lead failure analysis projects to determine the causes of failures and to identify corrective actions for products including electrical and fiber optic connectors, relays, and sensors. This position thus provides the opportunity to gain broad knowledge of both the design and function of the full range of products from all TE Connectivity segments and the manufacturing processes used in their production. The engineer will also be involved in projects to define and oversee test programs and perform statistical data analysis to determine the reliability of products in specific use conditions.
- Lead multiple failure analysis projects simultaneously to identify failure cause and corrective actions. Develop investigative plan to ensure identification of cause will be done efficiently.
- Organize work with support technicians.
- Perform hands-on analysis using various systems including CT X-ray, Optical Microscopes, Scanning Electron Microscopes.
- Planning and executing reliability test programs.
- Performing advanced statistical data analysis of test data.
- Writing detailed reports of findings.
- Identifying and developing new analysis technologies to improve failure analysis and reliability testing capabilities
What your background should look like:
This position requires access to information which is subject to stringent controls under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. lawful permanent resident, person granted asylee status in the U.S., or person admitted into the U.S. as a refugee.
- BS in engineering, Materials Science, Mechanical, Chemistry or related field : expertise in metallurgy or materials preferred
- 10 plus years minimum in an engineering role: Design or testing of electrical connectors, contacts, relays, fiber optics, and/or application tooling preferred
- Product testing
- Advanced statistical analysis
- Failure analysis methods and analysis tools
- Ability to self-prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, adapting to regular changes in priority.
- Structured failure analysis investigation.
- Direct communication with internal and external customers.
- Excellent written communication to develop comprehensive engineering reports.
- Ability to read product drawings.
- Statistical data analysis.
- Knowledge of DoE a plus.
- Knowledge of reliability testing a plus.
- ASQ Reliability Engineer Certification a plus.
- CAD, preferably CREO.
- Hands on use of any of the following equipment is a plus:
- Electrical multimeters
- Data loggers
- CT X-ray
- Scanning Electric Microscope
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $107,680 - 161,520(subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets