Sr Manager Communications & Brand - REMOTE
Location: Saint Paul
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Marketing Communications teams design, execute, and report on internal and external communications and PR activities, engaging with customers, outside agencies, and industry organizations. They define the messages and oversee the implementation of initiatives that engage key audiences using a variety of approaches, including internal communications, media, public relations, and social media, developing ideas and stories to execute internal and external communications. They leverage a trend or storyline emerging from multiple inputs, e.g., team meetings, reports, social and traditional media, politics, and current events, to elevate TE’s brand in the market and partner with marketing colleagues to ensure campaigns, lead generation, and market-facing communications complement one another to drive marketing results and manages the relationship with TE’s public relations agency of record and assigned budget. The Communications team collaborates closely with various stakeholders from the executive leadership team and Human Resources to a variety of product, sales, and internal marketing partners.
Please note: This position may involve working with technical data, technology, software/source code, hardware, or other items (collectively “items) subject to U.S. and non-U.S. export control laws and regulations. Under these regulations, it may be necessary for TE to verify a candidate’s national origin and/or citizenship status to determine whether a U.S. or other government export license is required prior to releasing its technologies to the candidate. If TE determines that TE will require a license or will be prohibited by applicable laws from providing the candidate with items necessary for the performance of this position, then TE expressly reserves the right to either a) make an offer of employment contingent upon TE receiving required export licenses from the appropriate government agency, b) consider the candidate for a different position that is not subject to such restrictions, on whatever terms and conditions TE shall establish in its sole discretion or c) decline to move forward with the candidate’s application.
What you'll be doing
- The Senior Manager of brand and Customer Communications will design, execute, and report on strategic marketing communications and public relations (PR) activities for our Aerospace, Defense & Marine Business Unit (BU), engaging with customers, outside agencies, news media, and industry organizations as needed.
- Focused on driving engagement and brand awareness, the ideal candidate must be an expert at communicating in written and visual forms. They will define the key messages and communication strategy to develop stories and oversee the implementation of initiatives that engage key audiences using a variety of approaches, including the development of marketing assets, tradeshow management, media and public relations planning, and social media.
- The Brand and communications Leader collaborates closely with various stakeholders in marketing and other functions to understand needs and prioritize activation. They will leverage customer insights, data, and stakeholder input to elevate the customer experience and TE’s reputation in the market.
What You'll Be Doing....
- Help define and communicate our value proposition, partnering with marketing colleagues to ensure campaigns, lead generation, and market-facing communications complement one another and are intentionally orchestrated to drive impact and outcomes.
- Collaborate closely with various stakeholders to build out the end-to-end customer communications strategy, including public relations, social media, and sales enablement considerations.
- Create and execute a comprehensive communications plan from concept to execution supporting the annual marketing plan objectives.
- Partner with BU subject matter experts and corporate communications colleagues to identify, create, and amplify thought leadership content through targeted industry publications.
- Manage the relationship with the BU’s public relations agency partner, including budget oversight.
- Provide BU input to enterprise-wide programs and initiatives, such as the company’s website, corporate branding campaigns, digital and social media activity, external news coverage, and on matters of crisis that involve BU market and/or customer impact.
- Leverage TE brand guidelines throughout communications to drive brand strength. Build a brand strategy by assessing and identifying opportunities to increase brand awareness and brand strategies across portfolios.
- Develop and enhance communications-related performance metrics and feedback mechanisms to measure effectiveness, progress, and business impact.
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Communications, English, Journalism, or Public Relations required.
- At least 8 years of communications experience including a demonstrated ability to produce effective communication strategies (marketing and/or business communications)
- Experience providing direction/briefs to agencies and managing agency relationships and budgets.
- Media relations experience is desired to enable proper management of an agency and also step as needed to talk with reporters, sit in on interviews, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal with the ability to understand technical information, be concise, and capture interest.
- Knowledge of current communications trends and practices.
- Experience working with content management systems.
- A track record of developing and executing business-to-business communication plans, messaging, etc.
- Proven skill in using digital/social media to connect with stakeholders through compelling messages and stories.
- Project management and change management skills
- Experience interacting with executive management.
- Curious and genuinely interested in learning the business to enhance communications and create new messaging platforms for the brand.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $144,640 - 180,800 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off, and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets