MAINTENANCE MECHANIC II
Location: Jonestown, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Electronic Maintenance Mechanic conducts preventative maintenance, calibrations, troubleshoots and repairs electrical/electronic, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems and components. Applies knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical principles in determining equipment malfunctions, failure analysis, and recommending process improvements for increased productivity. Provides skilled mechanical and electrical/electronic support for Injection Molding Manufacturing Equipment as well as Stamping, Plating, and Assembly Equipment.
- Experience and ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Provide maintenance support to production focused on maximizing the quality of equipment performance and it's availability for use by manufacturing.
- Install, start up, and shut down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown and in line with OSHA requirements.
- Design, document, and implement corrective maintenance solutions and refinements for mechanical and electro-mechanical machine systems.
- Investigate and repair production machinery as required.
- Assist Maintenance Operations in the control and maintenance of the spare parts inventory. Requires researching, ordering, and maintaining records of parts and supplies.
- Responsible for generating reports and documentation on machines and machine issues.
- Perform with limited supervision advanced levels of electrical troubleshooting, repair, adjustment, and verification.
- Perform work from directions in the form of verbal instruction, blueprints, or sketches with no supervision and create all required documentation.
- Recommend facilities work or modifications as required to correct deficiencies or substandard systems. Assists in implementation of changes.
- Provides consultation for various engineering groups.
- Availability to work flexible hours on occasion as required.
- Provide guidance and training to lower level technicians and production staff in all areas of expertise.
- Review and make recommendations for Preventative Maintenance of machinery.
- Lead and perform emergency repair efforts for all equipment in use.
- On time completion of assigned preventive maintenance inspections.
- On time completion of assigned projects.
- Provide feedback and input for project planning.
- Must be able to work well with all levels of personnel whether individually or in a team environment, and be able to interface and communicate with line operators in order to assist with repairs.
- Professional, upbeat, energetic, takes initiative, dependable, takes pride in work, and possess the ability to manage time effectively.
This is a 1st shift from 7 am to 3 pm Monday to Friday.
What your background should look like:
Education / Experience:
- Certificate in applied electrical maintenance and/or Associate Degree in Electronics.
- Minimum three years of manufacturing experience in the electrical/electronics, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic fields are required and the ability to demonstrate high proficiency in these areas.
- Competence using a Windows based computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Advanced working knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers and mechanical drive systems.
- Advanced troubleshooting and repair skills on mechanical and electromechanical systems.
- A high degree of acquired manual skills are required to operate precision tools, production machinery, and machine shop equipment.
- Injection Molding Experience preferred.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $43,360 – $65,040 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets