Location: Mount Joy, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Quality Control and Reliability Teams ensure product and/or product components comply with specifications and quality standards. They test and inspect products against performance and integrity criteria to ensure product quality and reliability, and to determine the suitability of product release.
Please note: This position may involve working with technical data, technology, software/source code, hardware, or other items (collectively “items) subject to U.S. and non-U.S. export control laws and regulations. Under these regulations, it may be necessary for TE to verify a candidate’s national origin and/or citizenship status to determine whether a U.S. or other government export license is required prior to releasing its technologies to the candidate. If TE determines that TE will require a license or will be prohibited by applicable laws from providing the candidate with items necessary for the performance of this position, then TE expressly reserves the right to either a) make an offer of employment contingent upon TE receiving required export licenses from the appropriate government agency, b) consider the candidate for a different position that is not subject to such restrictions, on whatever terms and conditions TE shall establish in its sole discretion or c) decline to move forward with the candidate’s application.
What your background should look like:
- Typically requires completion of high school diploma or equivalent and may require some related technical/vocational training.
- Minimum 2 years of mechanical inspection experience or equivalent.
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow drawings, specifications, procedures, and complex work instructions and have the ability to identify errors/inconsistencies in product documentation.
- Ability to use mechanical inspection tools, equipment, and gauges, including but not limited to calipers, micrometers, height gauges, and dial indicators.
- Familiarity with sampling plans.
- Good visual acuity and color vision.
- Good judgment in evaluating trends, recognizing potential problems, and coordinating/facilitating timely resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a manufacturing warehouse environment, which may include:
- Generally light physical exertion, sitting or standing for long periods of time, repetitive movement, normal to the restricted injection-molding environment, must wear safety glasses, meet shop floor safety requirements, and mechanical inspection equipment.
- Intermediate-level computer skills and be ability to communicate complex concepts in oral or written form.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong reading and comprehension skills.
- Experience in the quality management
- Technical background in molding (resins), stamping(metals), assembly process, and/or other direct material is a plus.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $$38,240 - 57,360 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off, and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets