QLTY & RELIABILITY ENGINEER II
Location: Medway, Massachusetts
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity’s Quality and Reliability Engineering Teams analyze the ability of product and production systems to comply with customer and contractual requirements through established reliability factors. They design, recommend revisions and install quality control systems, develop and document analytical methods for establishing reliability of products and their components and conduct analysis on relative reliability with regards to cost, structure, weight, maintainability, facility of production, and availability of materials and equipment. Out teams develop, implement and monitor company environmental safety programs and policies to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local environmental, health and safety regulations and recommend corrective actions if necessary. They are responsible for policies and practices to comply with applicable government regulations and industry requirements related to product environmental compliance, the implementation and management of technical and testing standards and specifications, quality control and reliability programs governing materials, product and processes, resulting in the optimization of material and labor, as well as failure analysis, root cause, corrective action and customer communication.
This challenging position will require an ability to work within a collaborative environment, pursuing continuous improvement and ensuring compliance to the Creganna Medical Quality System. The focus of the role is to supply high quality medical devices and components to deliver an Extraordinary Customer Experience.
The Quality Engineer is in charge of Operations Quality within their prescribed area of functional responsibility and will be working as part of a team to maintain high quality / performance standards on all Creganna Medical products.
The Quality Engineer reports to the Quality Manager, the Operations Quality Engineer is a member of the Operations Quality group.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Working with the Supervisor and manufacturing engineering promote the achievement of the Health and safety goals
- To deliver on all KPIs that help the business achieve its goal
- The quality engineer will perform an active role in further development and continuous improvement of the quality management system.
- Establish and maintain risk management principles and methods throughout the product realisation process in compliance with the company’s Quality Management system and ISO14971.
- Maintain relevant documentation to comply with quality standards and customer requirements.
- Offer quality guidance to a team of Quality Technicians in support of the day-to-day manufacturing operations.
- Develop strong links with customer organisation’s and other project stakeholders.
- Quality review of responsible area validation documentation.
- Investigation of root cause and implementation of effective corrective actions to prevent re-occurrence of compliance issues.
- Overall responsibility for production GMP standards and compliance.
- Establishing inspection standards, sampling plans and test methods.
- Preparing and updating Operations procedures and associated documentation.
- Oversee customer audits and surveillance / accreditation audits.
- Conducting audits of the manufacturing operation and the Quality system ensuring compliance with ISO13485.
- Support Operations area projects and initiatives i.e. Kaizen, data analysis, problem solving tools, etc.
What your background should look like:
- Degree in Quality or Degree in Science / Engineering.
- Experience within a similar role as quality engineer.
- 3+yrs industry experience in a medical device-manufacturing or pharmaceutical environment.
- Working knowledge of FDA/ISO/MDD Quality systems for Medical device companies.
- Quality experience in component and device manufacturing desirable.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills essential.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $$82,368-$123,552 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets