STAFF FIELD APPLICATION ENGINEER
Location: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Field Application Engineer for Industrial and Medical Sensors (IMS) responsible in providing technical support to customers which leads to new design wins in existing and new Sensor’s customers. You will map out advanced sensor projects and communicate with Product Marketing team, identify sensors megatrends in relevant applications and provide technical support leading to increased sales and market share of the TE sensor business through being a competent technical consultant to the customer. You will help fill new product pipeline and win projects to ensure future growth.
- Be an expert on every detail of TE’s Industrial & Medical Sensor Business and understand how sensor solutions are applied.
- Support our sales account management team with technical product knowledge and objection handling in customer meetings, with travel as required.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations and solution proposals by matching specific customer business requirements into effective technical solutions.
- Help customers deploy and use TE sensors to address their existing challenges; understand the customer's business goals and partner with them to achieve those goals.
- Help our sales account management team close design wins by providing seamless and positive customer product demos and technical support.
- Provide timely, accurate and favorable responses to technical and business requirements via RFPs/RFIs through close collaboration with product management and engineering.
- Provide valuable industry expertise, trends and thought leadership to our customers centered on innovative uses of sensing solutions that drive value creation
- Maintain high level knowledge of technical strengths and weaknesses of the competitor's products and what strategy TE should develop to counter.
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering required.
- Experience and knowledge of market trends, competition & technology that will influence products roadmap is required.
- Minimum seven (7) years of engineering or program management is required.
- Experienced working with Automotive Industrial and Medical customers and sensors is preferred.
- Must be comfortable facilitating technical discussion between TE and the customer’s engineering, project management, and continuous improvement teams.
- Strong presentation skills including presenting to executive levels both internally within TE and externally at the customer.
- Travel flexibility up to 50% within the assigned territory and TE sites.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $126,240- $189,360 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets