Thoughtworks Federal - Marketing Lead
Location: Washington, District of Columbia
Job Type: Full time
Reporting to the NA Head of Marketing, the Thoughtworks Federal Marketing Lead is responsible for developing and executing our go-to-market initiatives to amplify our brand, build client relationships and generate sales opportunities within the US public sector. In this capacity you will build relationships with our business, sales and account leaders to develop strategic, innovative, integrated campaigns targeting our Federal agency clients, prospects and teams to advance our growth priorities.
A major focus of your role will be to partner with the Thoughtworks Federal leadership team to develop and execute a marketing strategy for 1:1 Account Based Marketing (ABM) programs consisting of account-level intelligence gathering, demand creation, relationship and reputation development and sales enablement activities. You will also leverage your ABM expertise to create a portfolio of marketing offerings and reusable methodology and frameworks that can be deployed to 1:many account coverage models.
- Be a strategic partner to Thoughtworks Federal business leaders to help them achieve our commercial business goals for growth across service offerings and strategic accounts.
- Partner with leadership to define and execute the Thoughtworks Federal marketing strategy in alignment with business priorities and the NA marketing strategy.
- Develop and execute end-to-end content- and event-driven marketing campaigns that support marketing objectives, expand client relationships and generate a pipeline of leads across existing and new accounts.
- Leverage, extend and tailor Thoughtworks global campaigns, content and assets, and develop new content, assets and campaigns aligned with the Thoughtworks Federal marketing strategy.
- Collaborate with cross-functional marketing teams to create integrated channel strategies that will raise awareness and consideration of, and generate demand for Thoughtworks’ offerings, leveraging paid, earned and owned channels.
- Create sales enablement assets and internal communications activities that educate and engage the business and sales teams to be able to effectively sell Thoughtworks’ services.
- Develop and orchestrate multi-channel 1:1 ABM programs in partnership with account teams. This entails:
- Collaborating with NA leadership to facilitate the 1:1 ABM account selection process based on growth potential and account readiness.
- Collaborating with account leadership teams to develop account-specific value propositions, positioning and messages that differentiate Thoughtworks and enable account teams to achieve relationship, reputation and revenue goals set out in their account strategies.
- Executing ABM engagement plans. Lead ongoing account check-ins to ensure ABM plans are on track and to identify new requirements and/or modifications. Measure and report results.
- Share marketing best practices and learnings with the broader Thoughtworks global marketing community.
- Report on the effectiveness of all campaigns and investments
- Minimum of 10 years integrated marketing experience in technology and digital services within the US public sector, including but not limited to digital marketing, social media, events and sponsorships with a focus on brand awareness, reputation and sales growth.
- Minimum of 5 years of ABM experience, including developing account-based value propositions, positioning and messages and taking them to market.
- Experience creating and executing multi-channel, content- and event-based integrated marketing campaigns in support of demand generation objectives.
- Experience orchestrating multi-disciplinary teams to bring innovation and creativity to our marketing campaigns, developing content and assets in a variety of formats.
- Work, passion, or insights in the technology / digital industry.
- Salesforce, Marketo and Adobe Experience Manager experience a plus.
- Experience partnering with bid and proposal teams on large RFPs as both a prime and a subcontractor is a plus
- ITSMA ABM Certification is a plus.
- You are results driven, resilient, and not easily dissuaded by hurdles or setbacks.
- You are enthusiastic and self-directed, with the ability to execute as well as to step back and look at the bigger picture.
- You are a strong communicator and influencer and are able to connect with internal and external stakeholders at all levels with ease, from local developers and business stakeholders to far-flung marketing colleagues.
- An accomplished ABM leader, you’ll bring a broad range of B2B digital marketing skills and ABM experience to the role - from developing ABM strategies and creating compelling messaging, to creating and curating content, and activating and measuring multi-channel campaigns.
- You have fantastic project management skills and can coordinate multiple work streams in parallel.
- You thrive in an unstructured environment; you find your own growth opportunities and are happy to determine your own path amongst the ambiguity.
- You have good intuition, but you trust data more. You define opportunities and problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts, and make conclusions.
- You are able to deftly juggle multiple balls, organize, prioritize, and above all, believe in yourself.
- You are not someone who expects a drove of marketing agencies to support you on strategy, or to drive your opinion. We’re hiring you for you, not for your vendor connections.
- You are not a 'ta da' marketer. We don't work as individual contributors who showcase finished work. We build our plans together, most typically in a lightweight way.
Other things to know
This role is a remote opportunity but our preference is for the individual to reside in the Washington DC area, for proximity to our clients and Thoughtworks Federal leadership team.
Not quite ready to apply? Or maybe this isn’t the right role for you? That’s OK, you can stay in touch with AccessThoughtworks, our learning community (click "contact me about recruitment opportunities" to hear about jobs in the future).
It is the policy of Thoughtworks, Inc. to provide a work environment free of discrimination. The Company will take affirmative action to ensure applicants and Thoughtworks employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, ethnic origin, veteran or military status, family or marital status, disability, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity. This also includes individuals who are perceived to have any of the aforementioned attributes. Thoughtworks will adhere to all federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations governing employment.
Thoughtworks is a global technology consultancy that integrates strategy, design and engineering to drive digital innovation. For 28+ years, our clients have trusted our autonomous teams to build solutions that look past the obvious. Here, computer science grads come together with seasoned technologists, self-taught developers, midlife career changers and more to learn from and challenge each other. Career journeys flourish with the strength of our cultivation culture, which has won numerous awards around the world.
Join Thoughtworks and thrive. Together, our extra curiosity, innovation, passion and dedication overcomes ordinary.