Director - Global Rewards
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Job Type: Full time
- You will design, implement and administer compensation programs, staying current with industry trends so we can continue evolving our compensation programs and framework
- Collaborate with Finance and People leaders, acting as a change agent to drive and align to the compensation strategy and design compensation plans that drive behavior consistent with ThoughtWorks’ growth and strategic objectives, as well as our Performance Management programs
- Create the roadmap for a job architecture that enables clear career progression through simple processes with straightforward levelling criteria
- Partner with the Head of People, CFO and CEO to support executive compensation, including preparation of materials for the Board of Directors.
- You will leverage data and analytics to enable better decision making while ensuring operational efficiency to scale your team’s impact
- Help the enterprise transition from a Compensation focus to a Total Rewards focus, including progressively incorporating disparate benefit solutions into our Total Rewards framework
- Enable our regions to ensure all new variable compensation elements including equity sales incentives and variable pay plans are executed efficiently with maximum engagement
- Partner with the GDPR compliance and Information Security teams to ensure best practices are in place and ensure compliance with applicable legislation
- 10-15+ years of experience leading and actively maturing the Total Rewards function for a publicly traded company, preferably in the Technology space.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, economics, finance, or statistics or equivalent work experience
- You have worked on executive compensation and LTI & STI programs, including preparing materials to meet regulatory requirements for public companies with regards to executive compensation.
- You have designed and deployed a solid job architecture framework, including all aspects of change management, technical elements of setting compensation ranges and operationalizing the JA through our current HRIS
- You’ve worked with compensation frameworks such as Mercer, WTW and Radford and HRIS platforms (Workday strongly preferred)
- You are adept at creating and launching innovative compensation and total rewards programs (ideally salaries, executive compensation, variable pay, equity, and sales incentives)
- You have a knack for interpreting business needs and using data to provide meaningful insights and recommendations back to leadership
- Stakeholder and change management come naturally for you; you’re comfortable navigating a highly-matrixed environment and can build collaborative, long-term partnerships with internal clients
- You understand LTI and equity practices including accounting, taxation, etc.
- You’re flexible and readily adapt to change and can pivot solutions to meet the needs of new situations or challenges
- You can communicate with all audiences from the board to employees
- You must be able to travel up to 10% for global meetings
Other things to know
There is no single career path that fits everyone at Thoughtworks: how you want to develop your career is completely up to you. But we balance autonomy with the strength of our cultivation culture. That means your career is supported by interactive tools, a variety of development programs, and many colleagues who want to help you grow. We see value in helping each other be our best and this extends to empowering our female employees on their career journeys.
$190,000 - $210,000
The annual salary range posted is subject to many factors and may vary depending on experience, geographic location, job responsibilities, performance, skills and/or training.
It is the policy of Thoughtworks, Inc. to provide a work environment free of discrimination. The Company will take affirmative action to ensure applicants and Thoughtworks employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, ethnic origin, veteran or military status, family or marital status, disability, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity. This also includes individuals who are perceived to have any of the aforementioned attributes. Thoughtworks will adhere to all federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations governing employment.
Thoughtworks is a global technology consultancy that integrates strategy, design and software engineering to leverage digital innovation. For over 28 years, our customers have trusted our autonomous teams to create solutions that go beyond the obvious. Here, people starting their careers in the field join experienced technologists, software development self-taught people, career transitioners and more, learning and challenging each other. Professional journeys are developed based on our culture of cultivation, recognized by several awards around the world.
Join Thoughtworks and grow with us. Together, our curiosity, innovation, collaboration and dedication are extraordinary.