Principal Data Engineer (Healthecare SME)
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Job Type: Full time
Principal data engineers at Thoughtworks, are strategic leaders who spearhead data engineering initiatives, tackle complex business challenges and uncover transformative insights. They possess a deep understanding of a client's business ecosystem and partner with executives to align technology strategies with business objectives. By contextualizing emerging trends and Thoughtworks' exploration, they expand the impact of data engineering within the client organization.
They draw upon their profound expertise in developing modern data architectures and infrastructure for the management of data applications.
Effective collaboration is paramount, as data engineers adeptly convey their discoveries to both technical and non-technical stakeholders. They stay abreast of industry advancements, ensure data quality and security, and provide mentorship to junior team members.
At Thoughtworks, data engineers leverage their deep technical knowledge to solve complex business problems, making a significant impact on client success.
- You will establish a clear vision and direction for the data paradigm/practices, aligning it with the overall business strategy
- You will collaborate with executive level stakeholders to understand their strategic objectives and identify opportunities to leverage data and data quality
- You will consult on complex data platform programs, synchronizing cross-cutting architectural concerns and providing client-facing technical leadership and guidance as a data subject matter expert
- You will be responsible to create, design and develop intricate data processing pipelines, addressing clients' most challenging problems
- You will collaborate with data scientists to design scalable implementation and production of their models
- You will write clean and iterative code based on TDD and leverage various continuous delivery practices to deploy, support and operate data pipelines
- You will lead and advise clients on how to use different distributed storage and computing technologies from the plethora of options available
- You will select suitable data modeling techniques, optimize and design physical data models, and comprehend the trade-offs between various data modeling techniques
- You will design and drive the strategy around data governance, data security and data privacy to support business and compliance requirements
- You will define the strategy for and incorporate data quality into your day-to-day work
- You have experience in leading the enterprise data strategy, system design and implementation of the technical solutions
- You have experience in system design using Domain-Driven Design for enterprise organizations with various domains
- Working with data excites you; You have created Big Data architecture, can build and operate data pipelines, and maintain data storage, all within distributed systems
- You have a deep understanding of data modeling and experience with modern data engineering tools and platforms, along with cloud warehousing tools
- You are the type of person who is equally happy coding and leading a team to implement a solution
- You have built and deployed large-scale data pipelines and data-centric applications using any of the distributed storage platforms and distributed processing platforms in a production setting
- You have experience in designing and developing real-time and low-latency data streaming solutions leveraging leading technologies and industry practices (Cloud and locally hosted)
- You have experience with data visualization techniques and can communicate the insights as per the audience
- You have experience in defining and implementing data governance and security policies
- You have knowledge of MLOps and data science concepts
- You understand the importance of stakeholder management and can easily liaise between clients and other key stakeholders throughout projects, ensuring buy-in and gaining trust along the way
- You are resilient in ambiguous situations and can adapt your role to approach challenges from multiple perspectives
- You don’t shy away from risks or conflicts, instead you take them on and skillfully manage them
- You coach, mentor and motivate others and you aspire to influence teammates to take positive action and accountability for their work
- You enjoy influencing others and always advocate for technical excellence while being open to change when needed
- You are a proven leader with a track record of encouraging teammates in their professional development and relationships
- Cultivating strong partnerships comes naturally to you; You understand the importance of relationship building and how it can bring new opportunities to our business
Other things to know
Learning & Development
There is no one-size-fits-all career path at Thoughtworks: however you want to develop your career is entirely up to you. But we also balance autonomy with the strength of our cultivation culture. This means your career is supported by interactive tools, numerous development programs and teammates who want to help you grow. We see value in helping each other be our best and that extends to empowering our employees in their career journeys.
While we’ve traditionally been a traveling consultancy, we have adopted a hybrid working model with the majority of work being completed remotely from either home or local Thoughtworks offices. However, business travel to client locations should be expected when required by Thoughtworks or our clients’ needs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Thoughtworks is a global technology consultancy that integrates strategy, design and engineering to drive digital innovation. For 30+ years, our clients have trusted our autonomous teams to build solutions that look past the obvious. Here, computer science grads come together with seasoned technologists, self-taught developers, midlife career changers and more to learn from and challenge each other. Career journeys flourish with the strength of our cultivation culture, which has won numerous awards around the world.
Join Thoughtworks and thrive. Together, our extra curiosity, innovation, passion and dedication overcomes ordinary.
The annual salary range posted is subject to many factors and may vary depending on experience, geographic location, job responsibilities, performance, skills and/or training.