Job Type: Full time
- Beautiful South West of WA location
- Generous Relocation Package with Competitive Salary
- Permanent Roles with Albemarle
- Day Shift Positions
Albemarle Corporation is a global specialty chemicals company with leading positions in lithium, bromine and refining catalysts. Our 5,400 global employees are helping to power many of the world’s largest and most critical industries, from energy and pharmaceuticals to transportation and electronics. As an industry leader in lithium and lithium derivatives in one of the highest growth markets in the specialty chemicals industry. Albemarle is moving to an exciting new operations phase in the south west of WA.
The Plant will process ore from the Talison Mining operation at Greenbushes to produce lithium hydroxide, value-adding by downstream processing with first production scheduled in 2022.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Mechanical Fitters will provide support for maintenance services with the opportunity to facilitate continuous improvement in the utilisation of assets onsite.
- Possess an Australian recognised trade qualification as a Mechanical Fitter, with strong fault finding and troubleshooting skills
- Have extensive experience in fixed plant maintenance work
- Possess a current and clean Driver’s Licence
- Hold current nationally accredited Working at Heights and Confined Spaces Tickets
- Carry a high level of computer literacy, with previous exposure to SAP systems being desirable
- Hold High Risk Work Licence Tickets (desirable)
- Carry previous commissioning experience (desirable)
- Hold a Supervised Gas Fitter Ticket (desirable)
- Be able to work well within a team environment and at times autonomously maintaining a positive attitude
- Be willing to undertake a pre-employment medical examination
- Thrive in a drug and smoke-free environment
- Have a strong commitment to occupational health and safety and continuous improvement
What's on offer?
- Permanent residential position with generous benefits
- Applicants from interstate or outside the Bunbury region are strongly encouraged to apply as a generous relocation package is available.
- An attractive work/life balance in the pristine South West coastal region of Western Australia.
- Company-wide focus on Safety and Core Values - care, curiosity, courage, collaboration, humility, integrity and transparency.
All application and communications must be directed only to South West Personnel, to apply please submit your current CV including references.
Note: applicants progressed will be required to undertake a pre-employment medical and complete and on-boarding process to verify employment history, qualifications and police clearance.
Both Albemarle and South West Personnel are committed to achieving a diverse workforce by welcoming new talent from different backgrounds, different experiences and different areas of expertise - it's our people that make Albemarle a rewarding place to work!