Maintenance Team Leader
Job Type: Full time
Are you inspired by “what’s next”? So are we.
When you join the Albemarle team, you contribute to a better tomorrow. You will play a role in powering many of the world’s largest and most critical industries, from energy and communications to transportation and electronics. We are putting innovation to work to improve people’s lives and we want YOU to be a part of it.
As an Albemarle Maintenance Team Leader reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent you will play a large part in the success of executing planned and breakdown work and people engagement. This front-line leadership role is responsible for coaching and mentoring team members to reach their full potential whilst upholding a very high standard in safety and preventative maintenance practices.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Manage the day to day execution of their respective team to meet compliance with the weekly work schedule, work instructions, EH&S Standards and defined processes to achieve optimal maintenance outcomes.
- Monitors and verifies competency of individual maintainers in the safe performance of their duties.
- Provides leadership for the reporting and investigation of events and hazards in a timely and accurate manner.
- Promote the development of sound engineering and maintenance practices.
- Provide effective co-ordination of appropriate support resources to enable the work groups to achieve short and long term business plans.
- Implement and achieve sustained improvements in problem solving through your leadership.
- Coach and mentor team members to improve the overall effectiveness of the work group by improving their capability and accountability.
- Build strong relationships with the Operational, Reliability and Planning Teams to support the delivery of quality maintenance.
- Provide input into the maintenance budget by reviewing the existing work plans and stand-alone task lists.
- Support work management processes.
Work Experience Requirements
- A strong dedication to safety.
- Strong time management and communication skills.
- Solid Leadership Experience 5 years + in managing and leading frontline teams in a similar environment and industry.
- Experience in implementing and leading change initiatives is required.
- Strong knowledge of mechanical maintenance activities associated with industrial equipment including kilns, ball mills, belt filters, plate filters, centrifuges and boilers.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to prioritize.
- A demonstrated ability to work with stakeholders and customers to achieve business, safety and cost efficiency targets.
- Collaboration experience with multiple smaller groups of internal stakeholders on technician, supervisory and management level.
- Understanding of Change Management and Work Management Processes.
- Experience with Planning & Scheduling processes and techniques.
- Knowledge and understanding of SAP systems is desirable.
- Certificate IV in Frontline Management (Desirable)
- Appointed Persons Certificate - Section 44 Certificate (Desirable)
- Current WA Driver’s License C Class minimum
- Current WA High Risk License
- Australian recognized trade certificate (Fitter/Boilermaker/Welder) (Preferred)
- High Risk Work License (Desirable)
- Working at Heights Ticket (Desirable)
- Confined Space Ticket (Desirable)
Choose to unlock your full POTENTIAL. Apply today.