Job Type: Full time
Are you inspired by “what’s next”? So are we.
When you join the Albemarle team, you contribute to a better tomorrow. You will play a role in powering many of the world’s largest and most critical industries, from energy and communications to transportation and electronics. We are putting innovation to work to improve people’s lives and we want YOU to be a part of it.
The Production Manager reports to the Site Director and is both accountable and responsible for oversight and management of the production operations for train 3 and 4 at the Kemerton site.
During the Operational Readiness phase, the Production Manager will be responsible for preparing and coordinating the Production team to be fully ready to assume ownership of new or modified plant assets at the point of delivery/handover from the project team. The operational readiness team has responsibility during the transition and at the point of delivery to ensure asset/s can foreseeably perform in a safe, sustainable and reliable manner.
- Manage and facilitate programs and Operational Readiness exercises to prepare to operate the new assets and capabilities being delivered. This includes the overall planning, execution, and reporting of operational readiness activities relating to production, recruitment, systems implementation, policies and procedures development and implementation, training, and key interfaces between departments and with project delivery group.
- Provide Operational Readiness expertise, guidance and direction to ensure the Operational Readiness program/projects are achieved on time, to budget and the quality required of both the Project and Operations teams
- Report on progress against the Operational Readiness plan, manage risks, resolve issues appropriately as required.
- Ensure that specific and relevant input is provided to project engineering and delivery teams on asset design to ensure operability and maintainability objectives of the asset post-handover. Including participation in HAZOPs, design reviews and similar activities.
- Support the development and control of Operational Readiness and Operations cost estimates to support projects moving through defined project phases.
- Capture and apply lessons learnt related to Operational Readiness in conjunction with Operational Readiness teams at other sites.
- Selects, organises, trains and motivates a production labor force to ensure consistent attainment of production schedules at optimum productivity and cost levels.
- Responsible for staff management in the framework of the valid organization.
- Selection, delegation, appraisal, leadership and advancement of the employees in cooperation with the line manager.
- Be a visible safety leader. Facilitate the investigation of both safety and production related events to identify the root cause and implement measures to reduce any future impacts.
- Lead, coach, and mentor direct reports to deliver on plan and build a high performing team that is safety oriented.
- Stay current with product specifications, engineering technology and production processes.
- Develop best practice to develop and execute the Operational Readiness program
- Align with various stakeholders on commissioning, start-up and ramp-up plans to ensure maximum ramp-up capability and quality
- Support maintenance team with process background
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in team members and coach or delegate work appropriately to build capability and achieve outcomes.
Work Experience / Technical Skill Requirements
- Ten (10) + years’ experience managing production within a chemical manufacturing environment
- Previous experience in operational readiness teams
- Experience in plant commissioning, start-up, ramp-up or debottlenecking activities preferable
- Extensive experience in chemical processing operations with respect to safety, environmental and responsible operations requirements, regulations and legislation
- Excellent organisational, leadership, supervisory and motivational skills
- Strong communication skills, both orally and written; experience working with people in varying organisational levels
- A demonstrated ability to manage conflicting priorities while maintaining key stakeholder interests and relationships.
Education / Qualification Requirements
- Bachelor Degree Engineering
- Business Management qualification is highly regarded
Choose to unlock your full POTENTIAL. Apply today.