Job Type: Full time
Are you inspired by “what’s next”? So are we.
When you join the Albemarle team, you contribute to a better tomorrow. You will play a role in powering many of the world’s largest and most critical industries, from energy and communications to transportation and electronics. We are putting innovation to work to improve people’s lives and we want YOU to be a part of it.
The Project Supervisor is a key member of the Sustaining Capital Projects team. This role presents a unique opportunity to drive safe and efficient field execution, in line with lean construction principles, for a portfolio of capital projects at Albemarle’s Kemerton Plant, a world-class lithium hydroxide manufacturing facility. The Project Supervisor will collaborate closely with the Kemerton site teams and the panel of execution contractors to deliver safe, competitive, and predictable projects, aligned with the budgets estimates and long-range plans for the Lithium Global Business Unit (GBU).
- Accountable for management and assurance and planning of day-to-day site project construction activities.
- Serves as a leader in construction safety on assigned projects including setting expectations and being visible in the field. Actively participates in daily safety tailgate meetings. Participates fully in investigations.
- Collaborates with project managers during the evaluate stage to establish the preliminary construction strategy.
- Provides technical expertise to evaluate the construction plans for projects during bid evaluation, selection, and award.
- Provides critical construction input into design reviews, constructability reviews, and other value improving practices (VIPs) during basic and detailed engineering.
- Manages assigned internal and external (e.g., EPC Contractors) resources supporting project delivery.
- Leads site efforts to ensure proper monitor, control, and reporting of all construction activities. Engages in SIMOPS planning and takes necessary corrective actions to ensure safe & efficient delivery of projects.
- Provides engineering and procurement with site delivery need dates for critical equipment and materials. The engineering schedule must be developed with these critical delivery dates in mind.
- Schedules all contractor work activities in accordance with site contractor safety program (security notifications, SWP's, JSA's, etc.)
- During execution downtimes, provides support for developing detailed schedules for construction campaigns. Provides input for the construction management plan and other related APP deliverables as the project further develops.
- Continuous monitoring of the field execution activities, ensuring the compliance with the safety standards and best construction practices – appropriate tools, equipment and methodologies are being employed in an efficient manner.
Work Experience / Technical Skill Requirements
- 10 or more years of experience as construction/execution supervisor, in a petrochemical plant or similar industrial environment.
- Minimum of 5 years of brownfield execution experience, working as a construction representative in a petrochemical or industrial manufacturing environment with progressive demonstration of experience on capital projects.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise effectively with the relevant stakeholders, exhibiting patience, flexibility, adapting to changing circumstances with grace and elegance.
- Significant exposure working in the owner’s team and/or large EPC organizations is highly regarded.
Education / Qualification Requirements
- Advantage for individual with a Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or a relevant Engineering discipline.
Choose to unlock your full POTENTIAL. Apply today.