Senior Project Development Engineer
Job Type: Full time
- Permanent full-time role based in Perth-CBD with Hybrid work options
- Great organisation culture, promoting a positive work/life balance
- Bring your electrical engineering experience in development of greenfield and brownfield projects
About Alinta Energy:
At Alinta Energy, we’re constantly striving to do better. Whether it’s lowering customers costs, providing world class local service or sustainable energy, our aim is to be better. And to keep getting better day after day. Better for our customers. Better for Australia. And better for our environment.
We’re a leading Australian utility with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of 3,000MW, over 1 million combined electricity and gas retail customers, and around 1,000 employees across Australia and New Zealand. Supplying energy in Australia for over 20 years, today we’re a vertically integrated energy company providing generation, retail and wholesale supply of gas and electricity across Australia. We support the development of renewable energy generation and offer local customer service through support hubs in Perth, Western Australia and Morwell in Victoria.
It’s an exciting time to become a part of our growing team at Alinta Energy. Our people are our greatest asset and we’re committed to a culture that’s focused on being better at providing great service externally and internally. An organisation where people truly matter. That’s better.
About The Role:
We are presently in search of a Senior Project Development Engineer to join our Asset Strategy team situated in Perth. This position reports to the Project Development Manager and is responsible for managing the technical aspects of ideation, concept development and specification of new generation projects and transmission projects. This role will manage Alinta Energy’s relationship with OEM’s during design and procurement and will identify, engage and manage specialist technical consultants. This role also holds the primary responsibility for collaborating internally with Alinta’s engineering and operations teams to understand business impacts of technical solutions being considered during project development.
These roles will contribute to both greenfield and brownfield projects until they reach final investment decision. Alinta Energy is seeking applicants from a mechanical and electrical background, however most important is an ability to communicate, collaborate and problem solve. Experience in wind generation, utility scale battery systems, gas turbines and/or HV transmission will be highly regarded.
- Support the business development team during ideation, pre-feasibility, and feasibility study phases for prospective development projects
- Provide high level and detailed technical support for all engineering development project work.
- Manage EPC contract procurement processes and lead development of the Principal’s Project Requirements (functional specification)
- Monitor progress and initiate remedial action where required to ensure the engineering aspects of development projects are completed on time, within quality requirements and within budget
- Prepare schedules for design work and allocate physical and human resources to enable engineering projects to be completed on time and within budget
Skills & Responsibilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical or other relevant engineering discipline
- Professional member, chartered member, or fellow of Engineers Australia
- Well organised, self-starter who can manage a range of competing priorities and projects to meet deadlines
- Project development or project management experience on infrastructure projects from $10m to $100m+
- Extensive experience in utility scale power development, design, operations, maintenance, engineering, or management
- Experience in developing large scale renewable, storage, transmission and thermal power generation projects in Australia
This is a great opportunity to join the Asset Strategy team and use your technical expertise and creative problem-solving skills which will contribute to our mission of delivering large scale energy projects.
- Hybrid working arrangements for most roles, combining office-based and work from home.
- Staff energy discount offer (where products are available)
- Generous employee referral bonus
- Salary Packaging options
- Wellness programs including our Employee Assistance Program and free full access to the Headspace application.
- Paid community volunteer leave
- Access to LinkedIn learning
- Discount program for a range of products and services
- 14 weeks of fully paid parental leave.
- Company paid salary continuance insurance.
- Ability to purchase additional leave.
- Modern offices with free snacks, drinks, and coffee
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Alinta Energy is a 2023 Circle Back Initiative employer - we commit to respond to every applicant.
Please note that if your application progresses you will be required to complete background/pre-employment checks. These checks may include but are not limited to - right to work/immigration checks, reference checks, criminal background checks, qualification checks and additional finance checks for finance related positions.
How to apply:
Click “APPLY” to submit your application. Closing Date: 22nd of September.