Senior Health & Safety Advisor
Job Type: Full time
- Support the operational safety culture, lead contractor pre-qualification, construction strategy & mobilisation across all OH&S matters
- Join a high performing leadership team and collaborative environment
- Permanent, full time position based in Southbank
About Alinta Energy:
At Alinta Energy, we’re constantly striving to do better. Whether it’s lowering customers costs, providing world class local service or sustainable energy, our aim is to be better. And to keep getting better day after day. Better for our customers. Better for Australia. And better for our environment.
We’re a leading Australian utility with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of 3,000MW, over 1 million combined electricity and gas retail customers, and around 1,000 employees across Australia and New Zealand. Supplying energy in Australia for over 20 years, today we’re a vertically integrated energy company providing generation, retail and wholesale supply of gas and electricity across Australia. We support the development of renewable energy generation and offer local customer service through support hubs in Perth, Western Australia, and Morwell in Victoria.
It’s an exciting time to become a part of our growing team at Alinta Energy. Our people are our greatest asset and we’re committed to a culture that’s focussed on being better at providing great service externally and internally. An organisation where people truly matter. That’s better.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Senior Health & Safety Advisor to join our Power Generation & Development team. Reporting to the General Manager, Power Generation, provide expert guidance and support in OH&S plans, policies, standards and guidelines within Power Generation and New Markets-Microgrids.
- Provide specialist advice, interpretation, and counsel to line management in all H&S matters.
- Recommend new or changes to existing HS& initiatives through audits and investigations to facilitate improvements in H&S outcomes.
- Develop a continuous improvement culture that always seeks to deliver efficiency improvements.
- Ensure suppliers and contractors meet the appropriate standards to deliver safe, on time and on budget projects across the remit.
- Develop and deliver H&S strategic, operational, and tactical improvement plans and milestones
Skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualification in occupational health & safety.
- Considerable work experience in an operational position within heavy industry, preferably infrastructure or utilities.
- Experience at a large commercial and industrial business with plant interfaces.
- Proven experience in developing strategic and operational H&S plans.
- Demonstrated success creating innovative H&S solutions to complex problems in a changing industry environment.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Senior Health & Safety Advisor who is looking to work in a supportive, welcoming and professional environment. You will be a key member of the Power Generation leadership team and have exposure and oversight to a diverse range of exciting and new energy initiatives.
- Hybrid working arrangements for most roles, combining office-based and work from home
- Staff energy discount offer (where products are available)
- Generous employee referral bonus
- Salary Packaging options
- Wellness programs including our Employee Assistance Program and free full access to the Headspace application
- Paid community volunteer leave
- Access to LinkedIn learning
- Discount program for a range of products and services
- 14 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Company paid salary continuance insurance
- Ability to purchase additional leave
- Modern offices with free snacks, drinks, and coffee
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Alinta Energy is a 2023 Circle Back Initiative employer - we commit to respond to every applicant.
Please note that if your application progresses you will be required to complete background/pre-employment checks. These checks may include but are not limited to - right to work/immigration checks, reference checks, criminal background checks, qualification checks and additional finance checks for finance related positions.
How to apply:
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.