Location: Altona North
Job Type: Full time
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 70,000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
We have an exciting, new opportunity for an experienced Warehouse Manager to join our Victoria team in leading a new Warehouse based in Altona North, Melbourne.
Reporting to the ANZ Supply Chain Rolling Stock Manager, you will be in charge of the Warehouse area supervisors and/or Logistics team (Alstom employees or external provider), taking care of the execution, physically and in the information system, of the counts & movements of materials. Your main target is to align physical flow & system flow.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Ensure the correct goods storage, material handling, inventory management and tasks exécution
- Develop and manage effectively the warehouse team
- Organize the warehouse activities and the workers shifts according to the availability of resources and the needs of the production team
- Measure performance of the logistic processes and create reports for analysis
- Support and promote actions for the Supply Chain improvement plan in terms of inventory reduction, material planning strategy and warehouse layout optimization
- Cooperate with material planners in order to guarantee the correct level of stock availability and to avoid material shortages
- Ensure that all the corporate procedures concerning the work activities and EHS instructions are applied and respected
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Preferably graduated with a qualification (Certificate, diploma or degree) in Supply Chain or Logisitics
- Specialized in Supply Chain is highly desirable
- Proven experience in managing large teams within a warehouse environment is required
- Experience in using SAP ERP systems, preferably IM and WM module
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people with disability and other minority groups to apply.
We recognise that embracing flexibility & inclusivity is the smarter way of working. Please speak with us about your individual needs or if any workplace adjustments are required. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For internal applicants, please ensure you confirm your eligibility to apply with your Supervisor and relevant Human Resources representative prior to submitting an application.
As part of the application process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment reference and medical checks, including drug and alcohol testing.
There are different compliance requirements for different workgroups. You will be provided with relevant information, during the recruitment process.We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 70,000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact
18 weeks paid parental leave
Free gym membership
Flexible working options
Salary continuance insurance