Mobile Service Maintainer - Electrical & Mechanical
Job Type: Full time
Alstom is the leading company in the mobility sector, solving the most interesting challenges for tomorrow’s mobility. That’s why we value inquisitive and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Day after day, we are building an agile, inclusive and responsible culture, where a diverse group of people are offered opportunities to learn, grow and advance in their careers, with options across functions and geographic locations. Are you ready to join a truly international community of great people on a challenging journey with a tangible impact and purpose?
Equal opportunity statement:
Alstom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local law.
Service Maintainer personnel will be ultimately responsible for preventative and corrective maintenance, fault finding, diagnostics, rectification & post work testing, damage and vandalism rectification, and shall perform the Mobile Service Maintainer role based at the Stabling Sites on a rotating basis. In addition; on call response, in-service incident support and vehicle recovery support will be important facets to the role in order to reduce in service issues and unscheduled maintenance activities. There may also be some depot asset and Simulator work to a similar extent to the Rolling Stock as stated above.
Maintenance and Repair
- Shall be technically proficient on Rolling Stock systems on a holistic basis i.e. dual trade, service technician
- Perform fault diagnosis, identification and rectification on both the electrical and mechanical systems of the vehicle.
- Perform the Mobile Service Maintainer role on a rotating basis, supporting in service faults with technical advice to support the Driver as required and provide a high level of focus to ensure that fleet performance targets are achieved
- Perform damage and vandalism repairs as required, including data capture and effective use of the Maximo system
- Liaise with the Technical Specialists / ISST teams in order to ensure repairs are effected with no impact to in service performance
- Assist in the identification and production of vehicle modification programs to improve reliability and maintainability.
- Perform technical modifications as necessary
- Perform post work testing and validation as necessary
- Assist as required with the recovery of defective vehicles and the production of incident reports.
- Provide On-Call support as required and defined by the Maintenance Superintendent
- Build positive relationships with drivers and the Operator in order to support a successful fleet operation
- Update the Maintenance Management System with all work carried out
- Conduct all work to a high standard
- Other depot duties as required by the Maintenance Superintendent.
Testing & Commissioning and Product Introduction
- Perform Static and Dynamic testing on MU’s.
- Perform continuity and insulation testing on vehicles.
- Perform functionality test of equipment on vehicles.
- Perform all testing activities with minimum supervision.
- Liaise with BTA Engineering and Suppliers to resolve faults.
- To maintain a safe working environment at all time during testing and commissioning of vehicles and within company policy
- Communicate issues and proposed solutions internally and externally
- Provide accurate fault and diagnostic data/reports to facilitate early resolution of issues.
- Assist in the compilation and maintenance of operations and maintenance manuals and associated documentation.
- Assist in ensuring that fleet delivery, commissioning and reliability targets are achieved.
- 18 weeks paid parental leave
- Free gym membership
- Flexible working options
- Salary continuance insurance
- Bridging leave