Senior Project Planner
Job Type: Full time
Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide
Alstom is currently looking for an experienced Project Scheduler/ Planner to join our team of industry professionals in supporting our Rolling Stock and Services project in Brisbane.
In this role you will provide support to the Project Planning Manager and relevant teams, focusing on the development and implementation of performance metrics to measure the suitability and health of project. You will be responsible for developing and mintaining the project schedule, working with stakeholders to ensure deliverables are met. Supporting the management team daily, you will be involved in the strategy and development for planning of the project baselines.
Key responsibilities for This role include:
- Conduct end-to-end planning and control activities including planning, tracking, analysis, and reporting for project teams, management and customers using Primavera P6.
- Administer the establishment and maintenance of project Baseline’s and produce internal and external Cost Performance Reports (CPRs) as required.
- Develop Plans and Schedules for projects as well as supporting bids in the development of high level schedules.
- Contribute to the return of experience (REX) and improvements, share best practices, schedule templates.
- Build the project schedule for his area based on internal standard WBS, contractual targets and data provided by all stakeholders,
- Participate to the validation of the project baseline
- Ensure the consistency of all the internal and external Stakeholders commitments, and manages the schedules interfaces,
- Perform schedule analysis & trade-offs to close identified gaps or schedule issues
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required Include:
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering or Project Planning - Degree is highly beneficial
- Industry experience prefered in the Rail Systems or a related field (Power, Defence or similar)
- Experienced in the use of related software tools such as Microsoft Project and Primavera P6.
- Experience in structuring Project Schedules including Work Breakdown Structures, Activities, Milestones and their associated network dependencies (i.e. relationships) for a complex project is a must.
This is a fulltime position and can be based in our Milton office or on-site.
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people with disability and other minority groups to apply.
We recognise that embracing flexibility & inclusivity is the smarter way of working. Please speak with us about your individual needs or if any workplace adjustments are required. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process please email: email@example.com
For internal applicants, please ensure you confirm your eligibility to apply with your Supervisor and relevant Human Resources representative prior to submitting an application.
As part of the application process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment reference and medical checks, including drug and alcohol testing.
There are different compliance requirements for different workgroups. You will be provided with relevant information, during the recruitment process.
- Group salary continuance insurance plan
- 18 weeks paid parental leave
- Free gym membership
- Flexible working options
- Personal & professional development paths
- Bridging leave