Job Type: Full time
Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide.
We are currently looking for a Welding Inspector based in Dandenong,VIC.You will be joining an enthusiastic and growing team.We are a growing business with a strong pipeline of work both locally and internationally, with strong possibilities for internal mobility.
The successful candidate will be responsible for welders training, assuring the right welding quality within the site, with welding inspections, documents review and overall welding-related quality supervision. The Welding Inspector/Supervisor must support the projects and ensure that all the welding activities are done according to applicable quality standards (AS/NZS 1554, EN ISO 15085), as well as with the HSE and quality Alstom policy.
Your key responsibilities will include the following:
- Supervising welding processes on the shop floor
- Performing weld inspections
- Assuring site compliance with the relevant quality standards
- Reviewing welding quality documents (WPQR/WPS/NDT reports)
- Running the weld school during welders training and qualification
- Training the welders on the job, making sure good practices are followed.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required Includes:
- Formal training in mechanical engineering or welding processes/metallurgy
- Certification as a welding supervisor or inspector (IWS/IWI) or equivalent
- Knowledge and understanding of the foundations of welding processes
- Ability to read complex technical drawings
- Familiarity with AS/NZS and ISO welding symbols
- Sound understanding of ISO 5817 and relevant parts of AS 1554
- Familiarity with EN ISO 15085, EN ISO 3834 and EN ISO 9606.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to take your career to the next level with development opportunities and exposure across multiple project rollouts!
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people with disability and other minority groups to apply.
We recognise that embracing flexibility & inclusivity is the smarter way of working. Please speak with us about your individual needs or if any workplace adjustments are required. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process please email: email@example.com
For internal applicants, please ensure you confirm your eligibility to apply with your Supervisor and relevant Human Resources representative prior to submitting an application.
As part of the application process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment reference and medical checks, including drug and alcohol testing.
There are different compliance requirements for different workgroups. You will be provided with relevant information, during the recruitment process.
13 Weeks Paid Parental Leave.
Free Gym Membership.
Flexible Working Options.
Salary Continuance Insurance.