Job Type: Full time
Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide.
If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as Technical Author in Melbourne. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to take your career to the next level with development opportunities and exposure in the preparation and submission of Test Procedures and Test Reports for the X’Trapolis 2.0 Rolling Stock Project.
- Lead Technical Author Activity for the Validation and Routine Test Procedures and Reports
- Develop Test Procedure documentation with inputs from Engineering/Industrial Teams and obtain necessary approvals from internal and external Stakeholders
- Build a technical understanding of the Rolling Stock
- Manage status of Test Procedures/Test Reports in the review cycle with respect to the Train Delivery Schedule
- Finalise and Submit Test Reports per Trainset on-time at the required quality per the Train Acceptance schedule
- Support the red-lining process during initial Routine Test Procedure development and integrate required updates
- Support optimization/continuous improvement of Test Procedure deployment with the T&C Team and integrate required updates and improvements
- Electrical or Mechincal Engineering Degree
- Proven background in Technical Writing and Document Delivery is required
- Knowledge of Rolling Stock projects is highly desirable
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people with disability and other minority groups to apply.
We recognise that embracing flexibility & inclusivity is the smarter way of working. Please speak with us about your individual needs or if any workplace adjustments are required. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For internal applicants, please ensure you confirm your eligibility to apply with your Supervisor and relevant Human Resources representative prior to submitting an application.
As part of the application process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment reference and medical checks, including drug and alcohol testing.
There are different compliance requirements for different workgroups. You will be provided with relevant information, during the recruitment process.
Should you have any questions or seek further information about this role or others within Alstom, please contact Gemma Cox on 0468 601 825.
Why Work for Us
- 18 weeks paid parental leave
- Free gym membership
- Flexible working options
- Salary continuance insurance
- Bridging leave