Relief Maintenance Manager
Location: West Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
Alstom is the leading company in the mobility sector, solving the most interesting challenges for tomorrow’s mobility. That’s why we value inquisitive and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable.
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company, where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people with disability and other minority groups to apply. Are you ready to join a truly international community of great people on a challenging journey with a tangible impact and purpose?
Equal opportunity statement:
Alstom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local law.
Alstom seeks a Relief Maintenance Supervisor to manage the maintenance of the V/Line Rolling Stock Fleet. This is an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Supervisor to manage the day-to-day maintenance of V/Line's Classic Fleet of 1950s-1990s built locomotives, carriages, Sprinter DMUs and new VLocity DMUs. These trains are vital to the V/Line Fleet, transporting passengers throughout regional Victoria.
This position provides support to the Alstom Maintenance team and will see you;
- Oversee the organisation and direction of the workforce to perform maintenance operations in accordance with instructions, schedules and quality requirements.(i.e., Quality checks, tool box meetings, etc.)
- Oversee the coordination of plant, equipment and tools to meet facility load requirements.
- Provide shop floor information for monitoring and motivating the progress of maintenance activities.
- Compile and report against measurements illustrating the areas performance.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in maintenance processes to reduce the total cost of operation while not compromising the safety or reliability of the fleet.
- Interface with and ensure the delivery from other departments (e.g. Stores, Purchasing) to maintain the smooth running of the maintenance facility.
- Develop operational initiatives for the maintenance operation.
- Provide supervision of maintenance staff in their area. This includes management of “soft” issues (i.e. morale, housekeeping, attendance, punctuality, work ethic, discipline, holidays & cover etc.).
- Highlight staff/resource requirements to the Production Manager (VLine).
- Ensure maintenance workforce compliance with EH&S policies and ensure accident reporting is done promptly and completely.
- Address escalated issues.
- Provide direction and training to maintenance employees in work procedures.
- Customer liaison regarding maintenance performance, vehicle condition and availability.
- Other duties as delegated by Production Manager (VLine) and Maintenance Operations Manager.
- Able to work a rotating roster, AM. Day, PM shift. 11 hrs, 5 on 5 off, 2 on 2 off.
Qualification and Skills
- Completed a trade qualification in a Mechanical, Electrical, Carbody or equivalent trade;
- Track Safety Awareness
- 8+ years’ experience working in rollingstock maintenance
- Satisfactory pass of Rail Safety Medical
- Supervisory experience
- Demonstrated experience in fault-finding and problem solving;
- Computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office Suite, i.e. excel
Why work with us
- 18 weeks paid parental leave
- Free gym membership
- Flexible working options
- Salary continuance insurance
- Bridging leave