Computer Network and System Engineer
Location: Rouse Hill
Job Type: Full time
Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 74,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide.
Reporting into the Maintenance Engineering manager, we currently have an opportunity for an experienced Computer Network and System Engineer to join the Maintenance team on Sydney Metro North West.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Maintain CBTC Signalling and Communication Onboard equipment in accordance with procedures outlined, including preventative maintenance.
- Actively participate in closing work Orders within Asset Information System
- Record and report all information relevant to Operational Safety Incidents / Accidents, service defects and failures in a detailed and efficient manner
- Act as Alstom’s Technical representative, providing technical support to the Operator and maintenance staff.
- As required, respond to trends in CBTC signalling equipment defects and make recommendations on possible
mitigations and counter measures.
- Troubleshooting of ATC Onboard and trackside fault as and when they arise.
- Knowledge and skill for evaluation of voice systems that include telecom circuits management, IDF maintenance, Line patching etc
- Supports the Product Safety management system ensuring safety risks are mitigated in a timely manner. Manages Obsolescence Plan.
- Installing, maintaining, configure and administering upgraded networks, software database application, servers, and workstation.
- Monitoring network traffic, activity, capacity, and usage to ensure continued integrity and optimal network performance.
- Preparing and maintaining procedures and documentation for network inventory and recording diagnosis and resolution of network faults, enhancements and modifications to networks and maintenance instructions.
- 18 weeks paid parental leave.
- Free gym membership.
- Flexible working options
- Salary continuance insurance.
- Bridging leave – extra days off each year.
- Access to Alstom University – thousands of free courses and learning material.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in an Engineering discipline
- Signalling experience, preferably CBTC
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- University degree in Computer network, System Engineer, Computer Science, Network analyst or Mechanical Engineering Experience, System Analyst
This is an exciting opportunity join a global industry leader experiencing significant growth. If you believe you have the right skills and experience, please APPLY NOW!
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people with disability and other minority groups to apply.
We recognise that embracing flexibility & inclusivity is the smarter way of working. Please speak with us about your individual needs or if any workplace adjustments are required. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For internal applicants, please ensure you confirm your eligibility to apply with your Supervisor and relevant Human Resources representative prior to submitting an application.
As part of the application process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment reference and medical checks, including drug and alcohol testing.