Test and Commissioning Manager
Job Type: Full time
At Alstom, we understand transport networks and what moves people. From high-speed trains, metros, monorails, and trams, to turnkey systems, services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility, we offer our diverse customers the broadest portfolio in the industry. Every day, 74,000 colleagues lead the way to greener and smarter mobility worldwide, connecting cities as we reduce carbon and replace cars.
Could you be the Test & Commissioning Manager working on a FIFO basis from Perth-Pilbara, WA that we're looking for?
Your future role:
As the Test & Commissioning Manager, you will be responsible for the management and successful completion of the Signalling system activities on field in line with project strategy, company policies (including EHS, railway safety, local regulation and professional standard) and project QCD target, under the Regional Centre Testing and Commissioning department.
The role is a Full-time Permanent opportunity with a market leader in the Rail sector based out of Perth working on a 2/1 FIFO basis to the Pilbara, WA.
We'll look to you for:
- Responsible for the Quality Cost Delivery (QCD) commitment for the test and commissioning scope of works.
- Pro-actively manages the internal interfaces with Engineering team as we as the Customer.
- Deploy the test and commissioning process on the field.
- Deliver test and commissioning plans, procedures, method statements and coordinates staffing and training when needed for your team.
- Prepare and manage test & commissioning works on field including; material and tools, documentation, people, access, logistic.
- Ensures Safety compliance (Zero deviation), reports and anticipates issues
- Anticipate issues and reports / alerts on a regular basis to the WA Test and Commissioning Manager and to the Project director on progress, issues and risks on the project.
- Ensure that all design related issues are correctly reported in the adequate tools, including the defect description and associated test context.
- Monitor/manage QCD performance delivery of the work package T&C as per customer and solution / system requirements.
- Raise issues relating to T&C activities, and propose update / improvement of the T&C way of working / process / tools and the T&C Reference Library to optimize T&C performance.
All about you:
- Tertiary Engineering Qualifications or relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role, working across brownfield signaling projects.
- Experience with CBTC systems.
- Able to communicate in an open and clear manner.
- Resilience, with an analytic way of thinking in order to solve complex system issues.
Things you’ll enjoy;
- Join us on a life-long transformative journey - the rail industry is here to stay, so you can grow and develop new skills and experiences throughout your career. You'll also:
- Enjoy stability, challenges and a long-term career free from boring daily routines
- Collaborate with transverse teams and helpful colleagues
- Contribute to innovative projects
- Utilise our activity-based working environment
- Steer your career in whatever direction you choose across functions and countries
- Benefit from our investment in your development, through award-winning learning
- Benefit from a fair and dynamic reward package that recognises your performance and potential, plus comprehensive and competitive social coverage (life, medical, pension
You don't need to be a train enthusiast to thrive with us. We guarantee that when you step onto one of our trains with your friends or family, you'll be proud. If you're up for the challenge, we'd love to hear from you.
Important to note:
As a global business, we're an equal-opportunity employer that celebrates diversity across the 70+ countries we operate in. We're committed to creating an inclusive workplace for everyone. We strongly encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people with disability and other minority groups to apply.
We recognise that embracing flexibility & inclusivity is the smarter way of working. Please speak with us about your individual needs or if any workplace adjustments are required. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process please email: email@example.com
For internal applicants, please ensure you confirm your eligibility to apply with your Supervisor and relevant Human Resources representative prior to submitting an application.
As part of the application process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment reference and medical checks, including drug and alcohol testing.
There are different compliance requirements for different workgroups. You will be provided with relevant information, during the recruitment process.
- 18 weeks paid parental leave
- Free gym membership
- Flexible working options
- Salary continuance insurance
- Bridging leave