Location: Western Australia
Job Type: Full time
At Alstom, we understand transport networks and what moves people. From high-speed trains, metros, monorails, and trams, to turnkey systems, services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility, we offer our diverse customers the broadest portfolio in the industry. Every day, 74,000 colleagues lead the way to greener and smarter mobility worldwide, connecting cities as we reduce carbon and replace cars.
Could you be the Site Manager working on a FIFO basis from Perth to the Pilbara, WA that we're looking for?
Your future role:
Reporting to the Project Director, you will be accountable for ensuring that the relevant equipment is installed in conformity with the basic and detail designs, the installation procedures, the quality assurance requirements inclusive of the contractual obligations and local regulation rules for the BHP Rail Technology Program.
We'll look to you for:
- Leading and managing the team in terms of assessment, skills and competence
- Participating in the preparation of the time schedule for site construction activities
- Ensuring that permit to work and access are available for commencing site activities and on time
- Interfacing with the Customer and Alstom Subcontractors
- Managing and controlling the Subcontractors performance as per their contractual obligations
- Ensuring site teams and Subcontractors works in compliance according to Alstom’s HSE requirements
- Oversight of the as-built data management
- Budget management and the implementation of the onsite Quality and HSE Plan
All about you:
- Tertiary qualification
- Sound engineering, technical and projects experience
- Technical proficiency across a range of project disciplines (electrical/electronic, mechanical, civil, process and optimisation)
- Extensive Site Management experience in project delivery
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Proven understanding of principles and governance in site construction handing over to commissioning
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills
Things you’ll enjoy;
Join us on a life-long transformative journey - the rail industry is here to stay, so you can grow and develop new skills and experiences throughout your career. You'll also:
- Enjoy stability, challenges and a long-term career free from boring daily routines
- Collaborate with transverse teams and helpful colleagues
- Contribute to innovative projects
- Utilise our activity-based working environment
- Steer your career in whatever direction you choose across functions and countries
- Benefit from our investment in your development, through award-winning learning
- Benefit from a fair and dynamic reward package that recognises your performance and potential, plus comprehensive and competitive social coverage (life, medical, pension)
You don't need to be a train enthusiast to thrive with us. We guarantee that when you step onto one of our trains with your friends or family, you'll be proud. If you're up for the challenge, we'd love to hear from you.
Important to note:
As a global business, we're an equal-opportunity employer that celebrates diversity across the 70+ countries we operate in. We're committed to creating an inclusive workplace for everyone. We strongly encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people with disability and other minority groups to apply.
We recognise that embracing flexibility & inclusivity is the smarter way of working. Please speak with us about your individual needs or if any workplace adjustments are required. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For internal applicants, please ensure you confirm your eligibility to apply with your Supervisor and relevant Human Resources representative prior to submitting an application.
As part of the application process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment reference and medical checks, including drug and alcohol testing.
There are different compliance requirements for different workgroups. You will be provided with relevant information, during the recruitment process.
18 weeks paid parental leave
Free gym membership
Flexible working options
Salary continuance insurance