Human Resources Business Partner
Location: North Ryde
Job Type: Full time
At Alstom, we understand transport networks and what moves people. From high-speed trains, metros, monorails, and trams, to turnkey systems, services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility, we offer our diverse customers the broadest portfolio in the industry. Every day, 74,000 colleagues lead the way to greener and smarter mobility worldwide, connecting cities as we reduce carbon and replace cars.
Could you be the Human Resources Business Partner based in our North Ryde, Sydney office that we're looking for?
Your future role:
Alstom is seeking an experienced, strategic and passionate HR Business Partner, taking the lead as a true partner to the Signaling & Infrastructure Director, contributing to business strategy, identifying solutions, and driving success through our people.
Reporting to the HR Director, you will bring your energy, passion, and strong people leadership experience to engage, influence, develop and support the Business across Australia.
We'll look to you for:
- Providing value as a HRBP through a commercial and customer centric approach that contributes to the delivery of the company's strategic objectives.
- Delivering a transformational people and culture agenda to enable our growth strategy with key business units.
- Bringing both a hands-on and strategic approach, focusing on building strong relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Work across all aspects of HR this role will have key accountabilities in the areas of workforce planning, succession and talent management, engagement and culture, performance management, industrial relations, and communication and change management.
All about you:
- Tertiary qualifications in Human Resources or similar.
- Comfortable working autonomously, and as part of a national team with proven experience as a HRBP.
- A proactive person who is excited and engaged by the opportunity to transform HR.
- Confident and can articulate your views and advice clearly to a broad range of people.
- Experience in rail, construction projects or multi-site client groups.
- Ability to travel interstate
Things you'll enjoy;
Join us on a life-long transformative journey - the rail industry is here to stay, so you can grow and develop new skills and experiences throughout your career. You'll also:
- Enjoy stability, challenges and a long-term career free from boring daily routines
- Collaborate with transverse teams and helpful colleagues
- Contribute to innovative projects
- Utilise our activity-based working environment
- Steer your career in whatever direction you choose across functions and countries
- Benefit from our investment in your development, through award-winning learning
- Benefit from a fair and dynamic reward package that recognises your performance and potential, plus comprehensive and competitive social coverage (life, medical, pension)
You don't need to be a train enthusiast to thrive with us. We guarantee that when you step onto one of our trains with your friends or family, you'll be proud. If you're up for the challenge, we'd love to hear from you.
Important to note:
As a global business, we're an equal-opportunity employer that celebrates diversity across the 70+ countries we operate in. We're committed to creating an inclusive workplace for everyone. We strongly encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people with disability and other minority groups to apply.
We recognise that embracing flexibility & inclusivity is the smarter way of working. Please speak with us about your individual needs or if any workplace adjustments are required. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For internal applicants, please ensure you confirm your eligibility to apply with your Supervisor and relevant Human Resources representative prior to submitting an application.
As part of the application process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment reference and medical checks, including drug and alcohol testing.
There are different compliance requirements for different workgroups. You will be provided with relevant information, during the recruitment process.
- 18 weeks paid parental leave
- Free gym membership
- Flexible working options
- Salary continuance insurance
- Bridging leave