Industrial Quality Engineer / Technician
Job Type: Full time
Alstom has been awarded the PTA Australia’s $1.6 billion Railcar Program. As part of the project we will design, manufacture and maintain 246 new railcars needed for METRONET projects and the replacement of the A-series trains. We will also deliver 6 DMU railcars to replace the five diesel railcars that operate the twice daily Australind service between Perth and Bunbury.
We a have a new position open for a Quality Engineer / Technician to join Alstom on the Perth Metronet Project. This role will be supporting and driving the Quality and Compliance throughout the business unit during Manufacturing and Testing & Commissioning activities of Rolling Stock.
This role will report to our Project Quality Manager and will be responsible for ensuring that the right first time is achieved for our local project, as well as to ensure that the manufacturing and test processes are followed. This role will ensure that the Rolling Stock is built to specification and ensures that the manufacturing and test records are produced on time and accurately.
This position is based in Alstom's Bellevue facility in Perth, Western Australia. It is a unique and exciting project working with our global company on a local project. We offer a competitive salary and other great employee benefits for this role.
- Ensure products are compliant to Engineering specifications and Design requirements
- Perform Inspections and ensure product compliance (including checks after rework)
- Records inspection results in the industrial digital tools as required
- Perform destructive & non-destructive examinations when required and qualified
- Maintain inspection records per component, assembly and vehicle
- Maintain Quality documentation for components, assemblies, and vehicles
- Participate in customer joint inspections
- Preparation of approval and documents in preparation of Car History Books
- Control the correct calibration of critical equipments and instrumentations used in the inspections
- Verification of production's Self Inspection Checksheet
- Raise Defects / NCRs on all non-conformities found
- Initiate root-cause analysis on defects, QRQC, QD, and issue Visual Alerts to production when required
- Manage the regular updating of Quality visual boards in production lines
- 18 weeks paid parental leave
- Free gym membership
- Flexible working options – we embrace flexibility and empower you
- Salary continuance insurance
- Bridging leave – extra days off each year
- Access to Alstom University – thousands of free courses and learning material
- Degree in Engineering (Mechanical / Electrical) or equivalent experience, will consider Associate Degree with Electrical / mechanical backgrounds
- Must be able to read drawings, schematics, and familiar with a variety of test tools and test equipment
- Experience in Quality Assurance / Quality Control, railway industry experience a plus
- Experience with ISO9001 Quality Management System, experience with Line Auditing desirable
- Proven experience in modern manufacturing techniques
- Experience in raising Non-conformance reports (NCR) and managing Non-conforming products
- Knowledgeable of PFMEA, Control Plans
This is an exciting opportunity join a global industry leader experiencing significant growth. If you believe you have the right skills and experience, please APPLY NOW!
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people with disability and other minority groups to apply.
We recognise that embracing flexibility & inclusivity is the smarter way of working. Please speak with us about your individual needs or if any workplace adjustments are required. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process please email: email@example.com.
For internal applicants, please ensure you confirm your eligibility to apply with your Supervisor and relevant Human Resources representative prior to submitting an application.
As part of the application process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment reference and medical checks, including drug and alcohol testing.