Job Type: Full time
At Alstom, we understand transport networks and what moves people. From high-speed trains, metros, monorails, and trams, to turnkey systems, services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility, we offer our diverse customers the broadest portfolio in the industry. Every day, 74,000 colleagues lead the way to greener and smarter mobility worldwide, connecting cities as we reduce carbon and replace cars.
Could you be the Manufacturing Engineer based in our Dandenong, Victoria site office that we're looking for?
Your future role:
Reporting directly to the Manufacturing Methods Manager, you will be directly support the Production with the mechanical installation during final fit out of the product by defining and validating the detailed manufacturing process for a new product. You will perform industrial documentation for the project, define industrial master data and set the manufacturing method time while driving continuous improvement actions and industrialized product and process changes.
We'll look to you for:
- Bringing ideas to the Industrial Manager to guide product definition in order to improve the product manufacturability and achieve QCD targets and lastly, participate in P-FMEA.
- Participating to validation of prototypes.
- Requesting tooling when needed and write tooling specifications.
- Performing ERP routings, work instructions, and program CNC machines (where needed) and ensure EHS and ergonomic conditions.
- Participating in design and production validation and calculate precise method time.
- Industrializing retrofit after engineering changes: routings, work instructions, and tooling.
All about you:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Strong knowledge of Engineering and manufacturing processes and tools, IT-Systems, design documents, CAD and Supply Chain requirements.
- Strong Technical knowledge in mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering and engineering change management.
- Hold concern for clarity and accuracy, understands manufacturing as an internal customer and engineering as an internal supplier. Sense of urgency and drive for improvement.
- Experience in AutoCAD and/or Catia V5 will be highly beneficial.
Things you'll enjoy;
Join us on a life-long transformative journey - the rail industry is here to stay, so you can grow and develop new skills and experiences throughout your career. You'll also:
Enjoy stability, challenges and a long-term career free from boring daily routines
- Collaborate with transverse teams and helpful colleagues
- Contribute to innovative projects
- Utilise our activity-based working environment
- Steer your career in whatever direction you choose across functions and countries
- Benefit from our investment in your development, through award-winning learning
- Benefit from a fair and dynamic reward package that recognises your performance and potential, plus comprehensive and competitive social coverage (life, medical, pension)
You don't need to be a train enthusiast to thrive with us. We guarantee that when you step onto one of our trains with your friends or family, you'll be proud. If you're up for the challenge, we'd love to hear from you.
Important to note:
As a global business, we're an equal-opportunity employer that celebrates diversity across the 70+ countries we operate in. We're committed to creating an inclusive workplace for everyone. We strongly encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people with disability and other minority groups to apply.
We recognise that embracing flexibility & inclusivity is the smarter way of working. Please speak with us about your individual needs or if any workplace adjustments are required. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For internal applicants, please ensure you confirm your eligibility to apply with your Supervisor and relevant Human Resources representative prior to submitting an application.
As part of the application process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment reference and medical checks, including drug and alcohol testing.
There are different compliance requirements for different workgroups. You will be provided with relevant information, during the recruitment process.
- 18 weeks paid parental leave
- Free gym membership
- Flexible working options
- Salary continuance insurance
- Bridging leave