Human Resources Business Partner
Job Type: Full time
At Alstom, we understand transport networks and what moves people. From high-speed trains, metros, monorails, and trams, to turnkey systems, services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility, we offer our diverse customers the broadest portfolio in the industry. Every day, 74,000 colleagues lead the way to greener and smarter mobility worldwide, connecting cities as we reduce carbon and replace cars.
Could you be the Human Resources Business Partner based in Melbourne working on the VLine Maintenance project that we're looking for?
Your future role:
We are looking to attract a passionate and innovative Human Resources Business Partner to join our team in Melbourne. Reporting to the national HR Lead of the Services product line, you will be the key point of contact for the VLine Maintenance project and will be responsible for driving Alstom’s People Management Cycle (PMC) and coaching our Managers on effective performance management processes, employee investigations, company policy and procedures and key people metrics. It is an exciting time to join the team as the project embarks on a period of substantial change and this standalone business partnering role will be a key contributor to the design, execution and success of all people initiatives.
With the support of national and international Centres Of Expertise, you will influence the success of the Services People Strategy through the design and implementation of people attraction & retention initiatives, culture change, community engagement, diversity promotion & opportunities and talent development pathways.
We'll also look to you for:
- Partnering with key business stakeholders to drive strong business outcomes and coach Managers on all people related matters
- Planning and implementing change such as technology advancement, strategic workforce planning, and people development initiatives
- Ensuring effective resolution of disciplinary, performance management, investigations and workplace grievances
- Assisting the national IR/ER Manager with enterprise bargaining activities including but not limited to, negotiating, drafting and lodging Enterprise Agreements
- With your solid understanding of the Fair Work Act / Legislation interpretate EA and Award’s
- Rolling out continuous improvement initiatives and training of end users in new processes
- Undertaking ad-hoc administrative duties when required (reporting, organisational charts and monthly business review)
All about you:
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant field such as Human Resources Management, Business, Psychology
- Demonstrated ER / IR experience
- Effective communication and influencing skills
- Resilient and action oriented approach to achieving positive outcomes to all challenges
- Compassionately and confidentially deal with sensitive and complex workplace matters
- Research, design and present information that drives engagement with all stakeholders
Things you'll enjoy;
Join us on a life-long transformative journey - the rail industry is here to stay, so you can grow and develop new skills and experiences throughout your career. You'll also:
- Enjoy stability, challenges and a long-term career free from boring daily routines
- Collaborate with transverse teams and helpful colleagues
- Contribute to innovative projects
- Utilise our activity-based working environment
- Steer your career in whatever direction you choose across functions and countries
- Benefit from our investment in your development, through award-winning learning
- Benefit from a fair and dynamic reward package that recognises your performance and potential, plus comprehensive and competitive social coverage (life, medical, pension)
Someone with an innovative business partnering approach that is excited to navigate and influence change with a positive mindset, and with personal alignment to the Alstom Values of Agile, Inclusive and Responsible, will excel at this opportunity.
- 18 weeks paid parental leave
- Free gym membership
- Flexible working options
- Salary continuance insurance
- Bridging leave
Important to note:
As a global business, we're an equal-opportunity employer that celebrates diversity across the 70+ countries we operate in. We're committed to creating an inclusive workplace for everyone. We strongly encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people with disability and other minority groups to apply.
We recognise that embracing flexibility & inclusivity is the smarter way of working. Please speak with us about your individual needs or if any workplace adjustments are required. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process please email: email@example.com
For internal applicants, please ensure you confirm your eligibility to apply with your Supervisor and relevant Human Resources representative prior to submitting an application.
As part of the application process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment reference and medical checks, including drug and alcohol testing.
There are different compliance requirements for different workgroups. You will be provided with relevant information, during the recruitment process.