Test Engineer - Wayside
Job Type: Full time
Alstom's state-of-the-art signalling solutions allow operators to ensure the highest standards in safe, seamless travel with urban and mainline solutions that meet the specific needs of each operation environment.
About the BHP Project
Alstom has been providing sustainable infrastructure solutions in Australia for more than 100 years and is working on of the industry largest singinalling projects alongside BHP. The project currently employs approximately 1,600 people across more than 25 sites that include Engineering centers, manufacturing facilities, project delivery offices and maintenance depots & workshops. Alstom look to improve their operations of their networks through the provision of the latest, advanced signalling technologies including Interlockings, ETCS level 1 & 2 and CBTC for industrial rail.
Join us on a 24 month fixed contract until 2025 with possible extension, as a Site Test Engineer – Wayside based out of Perth, this field role supports BHP activities in Western Australia’s Pilbara sites. Reporting to the Field Test Lead, you will lead the Site Integration test activities related to the rail vehicles (locomotives, track machines, road-rail vehicles) within a CBTC railway signalling system by following project strategy, company policies and project QCD targets.
- Develop test procedures for sub-system based on defined specifications in area of specialization to meet contractual requirements.
- Execute the tests in the trains or wayside, analyse the results and write test reports.
- Report and follow up on the issues with various teams in the project including anomalies arising during site testing.
- Coordinate with the customer for organisational (support of train drivers or maintainers when needed) and technical purposes.
- Provide technical leadership to individuals or teams for tools, procedure and in resolving problems.
- Lead or participate in technical discussions for his subsystem directly with customer and represents / protects the company’s interest.
- Ensure that all design related issues are correctly reported in the adequate tools, including the defect description and associated test context.
Qualifications & Experience
- Tertiary Qualification - Engineering (Electronics or Embedded systems)
- Competence on CBTC/ETCS train protection system
- On-board signalling systems, train control systems, rolling stock brakes systems.
- Able to communicate in an open and clear manner with various stakeholders.
- Flexibility in mobility, available for short or long mission in different locations and countries – this role will require travel.
- 18 weeks paid parental leave
- Free gym membership
- Flexible working options
- Salary continuance insurance
- Bridging leave
Submit your application by 1 October 2023 with shortlisting and engagement to commence upon application. Or call Josh Aislabie on +61499032995.