Rolling Stock Maintenance Technician
Job Type: Full time
Rolling Stock Maintenance Technician
At Alstom, we understand transport networks and what moves people. From high-speed trains, metros, monorails, and trams, to turnkey systems, services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility, we offer our diverse customers the broadest portfolio in the industry. Every day, 80,000 colleagues lead the way to greener and smarter mobility worldwide, connecting cities as we reduce carbon and replace cars.
Could you be the permanent, full-time Rolling Stock Maintenance Techncian in Lilyfield we’re looking for?
Your future role
Take on a new challenge and apply your maintenance expertise in a new cutting-edge field. You’ll report to Ben McAuliffe (Fleet Operations Manager ‑ Lilyfield), and work alongside motivated and passionate teammates.
You’ll be responsible for the maintenance and repair of the Rolling Stock and its associated equipment under the Scope of the Rolling Stock team at the Sydney Light Rail depot. Day-to-day, you’ll work closely with teams across the business (Engineering department, maintenance technicians), taking care of maintenance problems and much more.
You’ll specifically organise labour, and materials as needed to enable the completion of their duties in accordance with specified procedures and regulations and the companies Quality, Health & Safety procedures and by the planned Maintenance Schedules.
We’ll look to you for:
- Operate the Wheel Lathe to maintain and prolong the life of the wheels fitted to Light Rail Vehicles
- Carry out routine examinations, fault finding, interrogation and diagnostic testing on tram equipment installed on Sydney LR system
- To actively maintain and repair tram equipment installed on Sydney LR system
- Follow all established safety procedures, good housekeeping practices and utilize safety equipment as required
- To report daily, weekly on activities, problems found and measures taken
- Liaise with suppliers and sub-contractors
All about you
We are seeking a motivated and proactive individual who is passionate about problem solving. You will also have
- Certificate III Mechanical Trade required - Fitting and Machining preferred
- Good trouble shooting skills with demonstrated experience in a similar role
- Experience in maintenance activities in a similar environment with railway industry experience an advantage but not essential
- Team player attitude and commercially minded and customer focused
Things you’ll enjoy
Join us on a life-long transformative journey – the rail industry is here to stay, so you can grow and develop new skills and experiences throughout your career. You’ll also:
- Enjoy stability, challenges and a long-term career free from boring daily routines
- Work with new security standards for rail signalling
- Collaborate with transverse teams and helpful colleagues
- Contribute to innovative projects
- Utilise our communicative working environment
- Steer your career in whatever direction you choose across functions and countries
- Benefit from our investment in your development, through award-winning learning
- Progress towards a more senior role
- Benefit from a fair and dynamic reward package that recognises your performance and potential, plus comprehensive and competitive social coverage (life, medical, pension).
You don’t need to be a train enthusiast to thrive with us. We guarantee that when you step onto one of our trains with your friends or family, you’ll be proud. If you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you!
Important to note: As a global business, we’re an equal-opportunity employer that celebrates diversity across the 70+ countries we operate in. We’re committed to creating an inclusive workplace for everyone.