Mobile Service Maintainer - Electrical
Location: Bowen Hills
Job Type: Full time
At Alstom, we understand transport networks and what moves people. From high-speed trains, metros, monorails, and trams, to turnkey systems, services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility, we offer our diverse customers the broadest portfolio in the industry. Every day, 80,000 colleagues lead the way to greener and smarter mobility worldwide, connecting cities as we reduce carbon and replace cars.
Could you be the Mobile Service Maintainer at Bowen Hills we’re looking for?
Your future role
Take on a new challenge and apply your administrative expertise in a new cutting-edge field. You’ll report to Senior Superintendent - Outstations, and work alongside a close-knit team of service/maintenance professionals. You'll play a critical role in ensuring the smooth operation and optimal performance of our QNGR fleet at the Mayne Stabling Yard in Bowen Hills and at several other train stations across Brisbane, the Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast.
We’ll look to you for:
- Performing fault diagnosis, identification and rectification on both electrical and mechanical systems.
- Supporting in-service faults and providing technical support to drivers as required.
- Performing damage and vandalism repairs as required including data capture and effective use of the system Maximo.
- Assisting in the identification and production of vehicle modification programs to improve reliability and maintainability.
- Performing technical modifications as necessary.
- Providing on-call support as required.
All about you
We value passion and attitude over experience. That’s why we don’t expect you to have every single skill. Instead, we’ve listed some that we think will help you succeed and grow in this role:
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- A team player, who is willing to go the next step for the team and our customer.
- The ability to participate in a rotating shift roster.
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role maintaining and repairing electrical and mechanical systems.
- A relevant trade qualification in Electrical or Engineering – Mechanical.
- A current QLD Electrical licence.
Things you’ll enjoy
Join us on a life-long transformative journey – the rail industry is here to stay, so you can grow and develop new skills and experiences throughout your career. You’ll also:
- Play a critical role in supporting the safe operation of trains for QLD.
- Have the opportunity to develop your career in global industry leader.
- Receive 18 weeks paid parental leave.
- Have access to a free corporate gym membership.
- Receive free salary continuity insurance.
- Be eligible for Bridging Leave (extra leave days each year).
- Have free access to Alstom University (1000’s of courses and learning material).
You don’t need to be a train enthusiast to thrive with us. We guarantee that when you step onto one of our trains with your friends or family, you’ll be proud. If you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you!
Important to note
As a global business, we’re an equal-opportunity employer that celebrates diversity across the 70+ countries we operate in. We’re committed to creating an inclusive workplace for everyone.
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people with disability and other minority groups to apply.
We recognise that embracing flexibility & inclusivity is the smarter way of working. Please speak with us about your individual needs or if any workplace adjustments are required. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process please email: email@example.com.
For internal applicants, please ensure you confirm your eligibility to apply with your Supervisor and relevant Human Resources representative prior to submitting an application.
As part of the application process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment reference and medical checks, including drug and alcohol testing.