Job Type: Full time
Alstom is the leading company in the mobility sector, solving the most interesting challenges for tomorrow’s mobility. That’s why we value inquisitive and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Day after day, we are building an agile, inclusive and responsible culture, where a diverse group of people are offered opportunities to learn, grow and advance in their careers, with options across functions and geographic locations. Are you ready to join a truly international community of great people on a challenging journey with a tangible impact and purpose?
Equal opportunity statement:
Alstom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local law.
Alstom has been awarded the PTA Australia's $1.6 billion Railcar Program. As part of the project we will design, manufacture and maintain 246 new railcars needed for METRONET projects and the replacement of the A-series trains. We will also deliver 6 DMU railcars to replace the five diesel railcars that operate the twice daily Australind service between Perth and Bunbury.
We are searching for an Electrician to work across Production.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Working on the Assembly Line or Electrical Shed
Installation and Assembly of looms and electrical cubicles
Work with our state of the art AOS system for work orders and process improvement
Working as part of a team to meet production targets ensuring safety and quality standards are met.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required include:
- Trade Qualified Elecrician, must have thier A Grade licence.
- Experience in Electrical production or assembly is highly regarded
- Ability to read and follow detailed work instructions
- EHS focus as number 1 priority of all jobs
- Good team player ready to be apart of a new team.
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people with disability and other minority groups to apply.
We recognise that embracing flexibility & inclusivity is the smarter way of working. Please speak with us about your individual needs or if any workplace adjustments are required. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process please email: email@example.com
- 40 hour per week, with overtime and penalties
- Permanent positions, with progression opportunities
- Long term secure positions
- Work on the railcar program with METRONET from the beginning
- Work life-balance options including a flexible roster and hybrid work.
- Structured training and development opportunities to help you advance your career.
- 18 weeks parental leave for primary carers & 2 weeks for secondary carers.
- Up to 2 extra days of leave (bridging leave) when Anzac Day and Australia Day fall onto a Tuesday or Thursday.
- Independent and confidential wellbeing support for you and your family
- Discounts on Car Rental, Car Sharing, IT products and gym membership.