Location: Melbourne, Sydney
Job Type: Full time
- Opportunity to work for an innovative consultancy firm across large-scale world class projects
- Join a company that truly values it's people and offers global project exposure
- Genuine flex working opportunities including hybrid working and part time hours
Our Project Management team is experiencing a period of growth and now has a career opportunity available for Project Managers and Senior Project Managers to join either our Sydney or Melbourne team in order to meet the demands of our strong and growing pipeline of work. These roles will support and lead the delivery of construction and development projects for clients across the property major infrastructure and energy sectors.
- Playing a lead role in the development of the Arcadis Project Management offering in Australia, through leading high-quality service delivery, business development and brand enhancement;
- Delivering sound and effective project management services, leading by example to achieve company goals and championing a quality culture;
- Leading the development of proposals, client briefs, and project execution plans whilst obtaining the buy-in of all stakeholders;
- Delivering commissions within the framework of risk, sustainability and environmental considerations, while maintaining focus on time, cost and quality;
- Implementing and managing effective financial and project controls to enable monitoring, management and forecasting as appropriate;
- Driving project performance, service delivery and technical and commercial outcomes, and undertaking reviews;
- Providing project teams with leadership and technical guidance;
- Applying project management principles to devise and deliver new approaches in order to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of project controls;
- Liaising with the client to ensure works are delivered to their expectation; and - Reviewing the performance of team members and developing them to their full potential.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications;
- Extensive project management experience in a built asset environment within the NSW or VIC market;
- Proficiency in forming enduring relationships and transforming these into genuine commercial opportunities;
- Ability to negotiate, network and communicate well on industry-specific matters with proven experience in both public and private sectors in NSW or VIC
- Experience in managing the delivery of complex projects on behalf of clients;
- Experience of working in a tendered project services environment;
- Sound commercial background, including familiarity with contractual conditions and procedures, including ability to assess risk;
- Proven ability to operate, and influence at senior levels; and
- Excellent communication skills and strong stakeholder management experience, both internally and externally.
At Arcadis we focus on attracting, retaining and developing people who share our passion and commitment to improve quality of life. In return we offer you the opportunity to transform your world and the world around you, that could be through client work, upskilling yourself, championing equality and inclusion or getting involved in charity work, to name just a few. Our people value different perspectives, they care about the sustainability of our planet and dare to shape the future.
One of our core values is ‘people first’, and supported by our Lovinklaan foundation, we invest in you for the long term, to ensure you reach your full potential. You’ll have the opportunity to own your career and work on industry-defining projects, finding solutions to real challenges that make a difference to people’s lives. You’re encouraged to have a growth mindset and are given the space to develop personally and professionally, building a flexible career that works for you.
Why Become an Arcadian?
Our work with clients has a direct impact on people’s lives and on the planet. We make moving, living and belonging in cities safer, more resilient and more sustainable. By partnering with our clients as responsible custodians of our earth's resources, we can create a sustainable planet.
We continue to think of new ways to make positive impacts and create better experiences for people; data driven and digital solutions have become part of the Arcadis DNA. Working together with clients and using techniques like design thinking, we can get to the heart of our clients’ most pressing challenges and work together to solve them.
As a lobal business, we have committed to support five of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals to ensure that our projects contribute to a better and more sustainable future for all. But it’s not just the work that we do on client projects that benefits communities and our planet. As a global business, we are committed to making a positive impact to society by supporting local communities where we operate.
To help protect our planet, we monitor and measure non-financial information to inform business decisions and reduce our own environmental impact as part of our commitment to be net zero carbon as a global company by 2030.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging:
We want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day which is why we take equality and inclusion seriously and hold ourselves to account for our actions. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people.
As an equal opportunity employer, we value and promote diversity at Arcadis and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Arcadis Australia is an endorsed employer for all women. See our range of benefits and policies directly at WORK 180
Transform Your World