Senior Surveillance Officer
Job Type: Full time
- Contribute to a high performing team delivering great results.
- Join a company that truly values its people, offering professional memberships and global project exposure.
At Arcadis we focus on attracting, retaining and developing people who share our passion and commitment to improve quality of life. In return we offer you the opportunity to transform your world and the world around you, that could be through client work, upskilling yourself, championing equality and inclusion or getting involved in charity work, to name just a few. Our people value different perspectives, they care about the sustainability of our planet and dare to shape the future.
One of our core values is ‘people first’, and supported by our Lovinklaan foundation, we invest in you for the long term, to ensure you reach your full potential. You’ll have the opportunity to own your career and work on industry-defining projects, finding solutions to real challenges that make a difference to people’s lives. You’re encouraged to have a growth mindset and are given the space to develop personally and professionally, building a flexible career that works for you.
Arcadis is seeking Senior Surveillance Officers (Inspectors) with major road and rail project experience to join our independent verifiers teams on significant transport infrastructure projects in South East Queensland. These roles involve you overseeing day-to-day operations on site and providing support and advice to Arcadis’ role in certification of the contractor’s work. Project locations may include:
- Gold Coast
- Sunshine Coast
- Review of Contractor’s Management Plans.
- On-going surveillance of work practices and ensuring compliance with technical specifications and quality procedures.
- Attending witness points and releasing hold points.
- Identify and investigate non-conformances, ensuring appropriate measures are implemented to prevent reoccurrence.
- Compiling reports and other management records applicable to safety, environment, traffic and quality.
- Identifying risks and issues, supplying detail to the contractor as required.
- Provide guidance and training to on-site project teams and ensure they have a sound understanding of the quality requirements.
Qualifications & Experience:
First and foremost, you understand that communication is the key to success in our industry. You share our passion for improving the quality of life and embrace the values of a strong safety culture. You will come to us with extensive experience on complex infrastructure projects and:
- Sound technical understanding of the site-based requirements for civil and structural and/or rail construction projects.
- Well-rounded communication skills and the ability to modify your approach to achieve positive outcomes with diverse stakeholder teams including clients and contractors.
- Demonstrated knowledge of state-based standards with TMR and/or QR,.
- A strong teamwork ethos; you’ll join a team that pride themselves on working together to achieve the best outcome.
- Experience on both heavy rail and light rail projects will be highly regarded.
- Personnel with both sound general infrastructure experience or with specialist experience in structural, pre-cast, geotechnical, pavements and earthworks aspects of transport infrastructure will be highly regarded.
- We require personnel to be compliant with the TMR prequalification system for Contract Administration Services on many projects. In these instances inclusion on the TMR prequalification panel is essential.
Why Become an Arcadian?
Our work with clients has a direct impact on people’s lives and on the planet. We make moving, living and belonging in cities safer, more resilient and more sustainable. By partnering with our clients as responsible custodians of our earth's resources, we can create a sustainable planet.
We continue to think of new ways to make positive impacts and create better experiences for people; data driven and digital solutions have become part of the Arcadis DNA. Working together with clients and using techniques like design thinking, we can get to the heart of our clients’ most pressing challenges and work together to solve them.
As a global business, we have committed to support five of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals to ensure that our projects contribute to a better and more sustainable future for all. But it’s not just the work that we do on client projects that benefits communities and our planet. As a global business, we are committed to making a positive impact to society by supporting local communities where we operate.
To help protect our planet, we monitor and measure non-financial information to inform business decisions and reduce our own environmental impact as part of our commitment to be net zero carbon as a global company by 2030.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging:
We want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day which is why we take equality and inclusion seriously and hold ourselves to account for our actions. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people.
As an equal opportunity employer, we value and promote diversity at Arcadis and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Arcadis Australia is an endorsed employer for all women. See our range of benefits and policies directly at WORK 180
Transform Your World