Electrical & Lighting Engineer
Job Type: Full time
- Join a high performing team delivering great results
- Join a company that truly values it's people, offering professional memberships and global project exposure
- Genuine flex working opportunities including hybrid working and part time hours
At Arcadis we focus on attracting, retaining and developing people who share our passion and commitment to improve quality of life. In return we offer you the opportunity to transform your world and the world around you, that could be through client work, upskilling yourself, championing equality and inclusion or getting involved in charity work, to name just a few. Our people value different perspectives, they care about the sustainability of our planet and dare to shape the future.
One of our core values is ‘people first’, and supported by our Lovinklaan foundation, we invest in you for the long term, to ensure you reach your full potential. You’ll have the opportunity to own your career and work on industry-defining projects, finding solutions to real challenges that make a difference to people’s lives. You’re encouraged to have a growth mindset and are given the space to develop personally and professionally, building a flexible career that works for you.
Off the back of major project wins and a growing pipeline of work, Arcadis is seeking a suitably qualified applicant, experienced with power utility and road lighting projects for our Melbourne business. Suitable candidates will be experienced in VIC utility standards, road authority standards, relevant Australian standards and be comfortable working independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Coordinating with various project disciplines;
- Preparing Road Lighting Design packages for major state transportation projects;
- Preparing utility relocation packages for major state transportation projects;
- Complete site inspections and collect relevant design data;
- Engaging in weekly project update meetings;
- Taking ownership of various project and design deliverables; and
- Preparing reports, proposals and presentations for internal and external clients.
Qualifications & Experience:
You will have experience with:
- Relevant Australian standards (AS3000 & AS1158);
- Client and stakeholder management/negotiation;
- Coordinating directly with internal and external stakeholders;
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills; and
- Software skills – Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, AGI32, Perfect Lite.
Highly regarded skills include:
- VIC utility design standards and approval processes;
- Experience with Overhead line design;
- Major state multidisciplinary infrastructure projects;
- Relevant tertiary qualifications;
- Leadership/management skills/qualifications;
- Chartered engineering status; and
- MIES status.
Why Become an Arcadian?
Our work with clients has a direct impact on people’s lives and on the planet. We make moving, living and belonging in cities safer, more resilient and more sustainable. By partnering with our clients as responsible custodians of our earth's resources, we can create a sustainable planet.
We continue to think of new ways to make positive impacts and create better experiences for people; data driven and digital solutions have become part of the Arcadis DNA. Working together with clients and using techniques like design thinking, we can get to the heart of our clients’ most pressing challenges and work together to solve them.
As a global business, we have committed to support five of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals to ensure that our projects contribute to a better and more sustainable future for all. But it’s not just the work that we do on client projects that benefits communities and our planet. As a global business, we are committed to making a positive impact to society by supporting local communities where we operate.
To help protect our planet, we monitor and measure non-financial information to inform business decisions and reduce our own environmental impact as part of our commitment to be net zero carbon as a global company by 2030.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging:
We want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day which is why we take equality and inclusion seriously and hold ourselves to account for our actions. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people.
As an equal opportunity employer, we value and promote diversity at Arcadis and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Arcadis Australia is an endorsed employer for all women. See our range of benefits and policies directly at WORK 180
Transform Your World