Senior Project Manager
Location: Brisbane, Sydney, Victoria
Job Type: Full time
Arcadis is the world's leading company delivering sustainable design, engineering, and consultancy solutions for natural and built assets.
We are more than 36,000 people, in over 70 countries, dedicated to improving quality of life. Everyone has an important role to play. With the power of many curious minds, together we can solve the world’s most complex challenges and deliver more impact together.
Our Project Management teams lead a range of exciting projects across the asset lifecycle for Roads, Rail, Airports and Maritime. We partner with major government and private sector clients, and Arcadis mobility solutions teams, to plan, integrate and deliver the full spectrum of project management, construction and commissioning activities.
As a Senior Project Manager within the Mobility Project and Construction Management Group, you will be working on some of the most complex and exciting projects, that connect communities, and drives economic growth and sustainability outcomes for Australia. You’ll have genuine opportunities to shape your career now and into the future.
- Playing a lead role in the development of the Arcadis Project Management offering in Australia, through leading high-quality service delivery, business development and brand enhancement;
- Delivering sound and effective project management services, leading by example to achieve company goals and championing a safety and quality culture;
- Leading the development of proposals, client briefs, and project execution plans whilst obtaining the buy-in of all stakeholders;
- Delivering commissions within the framework of risk, sustainability and environmental considerations, while maintaining focus on time, cost and quality;
- Implementing and managing effective financial and project controls to enable monitoring, management and forecasting as appropriate;
- Driving project performance, service delivery and technical and commercial outcomes, and undertaking reviews;
- Providing project teams with leadership and technical guidance;
- Applying project management principles to devise and deliver new approaches in order to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of project controls;
- Liaising with the client to ensure works are delivered to their expectation; and - Reviewing the performance of team members and developing them to their full potential.
Qualifications & Experience:
First and foremost, you share our passion for improving the quality of life. You pride yourself for the part you play in transforming the world around you and understand the importance of teamwork. You will come to us with:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications;
- Extensive project management experience in client-side major projects for rail, roads, airports or maritime with a project value from $50 million
- Past experience working within Government procurement frameworks or clients such as Rail Projects Victoria or Transport for NSW; or private sector clients for Airports or Shipping Ports.
- Proficiency in forming enduring relationships and transforming these into genuine commercial opportunities;
- Ability to negotiate, network and communicate well on industry-specific matters.
- Experience in managing the delivery of complex projects on behalf of clients;
- Experience of working in a tendered project services environment;
- Sound commercial background, including familiarity with contractual conditions and procedures, including ability to assess risk;
- Proven ability to operate, and influence at senior levels; and
- Excellent communication skills and strong stakeholder management experience, both internally and externally.
We can only achieve our goals when everyone is empowered to be their best. We believe everyone's contribution matters. It’s why we are pioneering a skills-based approach, where you can harness your unique experience and expertise to carve your career path and maximize the impact we can make together.
You’ll do meaningful work, and no matter what role, you’ll be helping to deliver sustainable solutions for a more prosperous planet. Make your mark, on your career, your colleagues, your clients, your life and the world around you.
Together, we can create a lasting legacy.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging
We want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day which is why we take equality and inclusion seriously and hold ourselves to account for our actions. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people.
As an equal opportunity employer, we value and promote diversity at Arcadis and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Arcadis Australia is an endorsed employer for all women. See our range of benefits and policies directly at WORK 180
Join Arcadis. Create a Legacy.