Senior Transport Economist
Location: Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney
Job Type: Full time
Arcadis is the world's leading company delivering sustainable design, engineering, and consultancy solutions for natural and built assets.
We are more than 36,000 people, in over 70 countries, dedicated to improving quality of life. Everyone has an important role to play. With the power of many curious minds, together we can solve the world’s most complex challenges and deliver more impact together.
Our Mobility Advisory team was established in 2021 and has quickly developed an exciting portfolio of projects. We are currently delivering strategy, project feasibility and broader technical advisory engagements across Australia, for both Government and private sector clients. We take pride in fostering a dynamic and supportive culture withing the team, encouraging collaboration and innovation. Whilst being an important function within our Mobility Global Business Area (GBA), this team also plays a critical role in collaborating on pursuits and projects with our colleagues in the Places and Resilience GBAs. Our team has a strong corporate mandate to grow and we are now looking for an experienced Transport Economist to join our high performing team.
Your day-to-day activities will include:
- Leading the development of business cases, economic appraisals, program evaluation and reviews, feasibility studies and transport planning studies
- Researching and analyzing complex strategy, policy and infrastructure issues
- Providing strategic and technical insights to help solve our clients’ infrastructure challenges.
- Contributing to business development activities and preparation of proposals
- Project management
- Working with other disciplines across Arcadis to deliver projects and proposals.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined, you will also have the chance to be part of a team that values professional growth, encourages knowledge sharing, and celebrates achievements together.
Qualifications & Experience:
Importantly, you will share our passion for improving the quality of life and want to be part of city-shaping projects that influence the way we move between places. We are seeking a senior consultant with experience in a broad range of projects, including but not limited to business cases for infrastructure projects at all stages of development, integrated and land use planning, policy and research, feasibility studies, financial analysis and economic appraisals, resilience planning, demand forecasting and master planning.
You will have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Economics, Planning, Engineering, Commerce, or Finance
- Previous relevant consulting or public sector experience
- In depth understanding of and experience in integrated transport and land use planning, economics and business case development
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to write reports and proposals, run meetings, prepare and deliver presentations to a high standard
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, ensuring tasks are completed on time and to a standard that meets or exceeds expectations
- Experience in working as part of multidisciplinary design and/ or project teams
- Previous project management experience (desirable but not mandatory).
We can only achieve our goals when everyone is empowered to be their best. We believe everyone's contribution matters. It’s why we are pioneering a skills-based approach, where you can harness your unique experience and expertise to carve your career path and maximize the impact we can make together.
You’ll do meaningful work, and no matter what role, you’ll be helping to deliver sustainable solutions for a more prosperous planet. Make your mark, on your career, your colleagues, your clients, your life and the world around you.
Together, we can create a lasting legacy.
Join Arcadis. Create a Legacy.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging
We want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day which is why we take equality and inclusion seriously and hold ourselves to account for our actions. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people.
As an equal opportunity employer, we value and promote diversity at Arcadis and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Arcadis Australia is an endorsed employer for all women. See our range of benefits and policies directly at WORK 180