Finance Business Partner
Location: Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney
Job Type: Full time
Arcadis is the world's leading company delivering sustainable design, engineering, and consultancy solutions for natural and built assets.
We are more than 36,000 people, in over 70 countries, dedicated to improving quality of life. Everyone has an important role to play. With the power of many curious minds, together we can solve the world’s most complex challenges and deliver more impact together.
As a Finance Business Partner within an Australian Business Area, you will partner with the Business Area leadership team ensuring effective decision making and prompt resolution of financial, commercial, and financial operational issues.
- Proactively partnering within a Business Area, specifically focusing on overseeing the financial performance of the Business Area’s projects.
- Working with the Business Area to prepare forecasts and business plans; challenge content; adopting a future lens to enhance transparency of likely future business performance and alignment with strategy.
- Providing influential commercial advice to Bid Leaders, including strategic pricing alternatives, calculating rates, multipliers, and profitability. Review and advise against benchmark, break-even and contractual terms.
- Contribute to the global Finance strategy with active involvement in the advancement of standardised, centralised, and automated processes across the entire function.
- Partnering with the Business Area to deliver (or exceed) the agreed financial targets, with a focus on open communication of active risks and opportunities.
- Providing effective, timely analysis on Business Area financial issues including billability, project performance (GPM%), controllable overheads, working capital and DRO.
- Drive the philosophy, ‘Make Every Project Count’ as a cornerstone of the business.
- Ensuring the delivery of efficient and effective project accounting and standards controls.
- Developing, leading, coaching, and mentoring the GSSC Project Accountants, Project Controllers and Billing Specialists; ensuring a learning and continual development culture throughout the finance team.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A relevant degree with CPA or CA qualifications preferred.
- Experience at a demonstrated Finance Business Partner or Senior Project Accountant level.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills, both internally and externally.
- Australian accounting experience in project accounting, financial accounting, and management accounting.
- Pro-active and professional, with a desire to lead, develop and inspire a team.
- Joint Venture or Partnership experience is desirable.
We can only achieve our goals when everyone is empowered to be their best. We believe everyone's contribution matters. It’s why we are pioneering a skills-based approach, where you can harness your unique experience and expertise to carve your career path and maximize the impact we can make together.
You’ll do meaningful work, and no matter what role, you’ll be helping to deliver sustainable solutions for a more prosperous planet. Make your mark, on your career, your colleagues, your clients, your life and the world around you.
Together, we can create a lasting legacy.
Join Arcadis. Create a Legacy.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging
We want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day which is why we take equality and inclusion seriously and hold ourselves to account for our actions. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people.
As an equal opportunity employer, we value and promote diversity at Arcadis and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Arcadis Australia is an endorsed employer for all women. See our range of benefits and policies directly at WORK 180