Senior Design Manager / Construction Phase Services Manager
Job Type: Full time
As an Arcadian, you already help us deliver world leading sustainable design, engineering, and consultancy solutions for natural and built assets. You are part of our global business comprising 36,000 people, in over 70 countries, dedicated to improving quality of life.
Everyone has an important role to play. With the power of many curious minds, together we can continue to solve the world’s most complex challenges and deliver more impact together.
We are looking for a skilled Infrastructure Manager to lead a Construction Phase Services team to address design queries during construction, on one of Australia’s largest and most prestigious mega projects, based in Melbourne.
- Guide design queries during construction, through to resolution, calling upon the expertise of the design team.
- Delivering sound and effective leadership by providing design direction and technical advice and championing a quality culture;
- Attending client meetings, responding to enquiries, and collaborating across all stages of the project lifecycle
- Taking responsibility for financial and project management controls which enable monitoring, modification and forecasting as appropriate
- Managing the acquisition, deployment, and optimization of resources for the project
- Driving timely service delivery including technical and commercial outcomes and undertaking reviews, ensuring delivery is above client expectation.
Qualifications & Experience:
First and foremost, you share our passion for improving the quality of life. You pride yourself for the part you play in transforming the world around you and understand the importance of teamwork. You are a technically capable with experience in design and project management of large infrastructure projects and come to us with:
- Demonstrated success leading multidisciplinary teams for rail and road projects during both design and construction phases of projects
- Ability to effectively implement design delivery best practice including risk and change management, project set-up and planning
- Well-developed technical and commercial skills, with a sound knowledge of the rail and road industry
- Established stakeholder management capability with a focus on building credible, collaborative but influential relationships both internally and externally.
- Previous experience with VIC projects will be highly regarded.
We can only achieve our goals when everyone is empowered to be their best. We believe everyone's contribution matters. It’s why we are pioneering a skills-based approach, where you can harness your unique experience and expertise to carve your career path and maximize the impact we can make together.
You’ll do meaningful work, and no matter what role, you’ll be helping to deliver sustainable solutions for a more prosperous planet. Make your mark, on your career, your colleagues, your clients, your life and the world around you.
Together, we can create a lasting legacy.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging
We want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day which is why we take equality and inclusion seriously and hold ourselves to account for our actions. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people.
As an equal opportunity employer, we value and promote diversity at Arcadis and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Join Arcadis. Create a Legacy.