Job Type: Full time
Remuneration/Benefit: Competitive remuneration and benefits
- Exciting operations leadership position
- Heavy industrial environment
- Strong safety culture
About the role:
Aurizon is looking for an outstanding and influential people leader, focused on performance and relentless commitment to safe working. Based out of the Callemondah depot in Gladstone, as the Yard Superintendent you will provide leadership through the planning, execution and continuous improvement of yard activities. You will:
- Lead and build capability of the team to drive a safety culture aligned with ‘I Know Safe, I Choose Safe’ culture in all aspects of operations.
- Demonstrate and coach safety leadership throughout your team.
- Cascade priority deliverables that are aligned and contribute to meeting business and budget expectations.
- Deliver resourcing and succession plans in place that recognise, retain, and provide pathways for identified talent.
- Provide effective feedback and coaching to support supervisors in achieving performance deliverables and facilitate an open and welcoming learning environment.
- Confirm all activities delivered through the team are compliant with Aurizon policies, standards, procedures, and relevant industrial instruments.
- Implement improvements to make yard activities more efficient.
- Apply conceptual and analytical skills and utilise key deliverables to optimise delivery of services on time and in full
- You will have a high-level operational business management skills including, financial and budget control, complex problem solving and analytical thinking to respond to dynamic and changing business needs
- Demonstrated leadership, people management, project management, negotiation, and communication skills
- You will be impactful in engaging and influencing others through written and verbal communication
- High level of internal and external stakeholder engagement skills
- Sound knowledge of relevant legislation, code standards, principles, policies, procedures, and guidelines in the rail industry
- ‘C’ Class Drivers Licence (mandatory)
- Certificate IV/Diploma Frontline Management or equivalent (preferred)
- 5 years line leadership experience in large scale logistics or heavy industrial organisation (preferred)
- Train Driving and/or Rail Yard Operations experience (preferred)
What we can offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a national portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
- Development and growth opportunities
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles, and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard, and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 100 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.
To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers