Freight Operator Level 4
Job Type: Full time
As Aurizon continues to thrive in 2023, we are currently seeking a qualified Freight Operator to be based at our Rockhampton depot on a full-time basis. This role will be suited to an individual who is able to display superior teamwork skills, flexibility, a high level of safety awareness and excellent customer service.
About the role:
- Undertake training as required
- Control the movement of trains and carry out relevant instructions always maintaining safety
- Inspect for faults, repair, service and maintain rolling stock
- Support maintenance of locomotives, ancillary vehicles, machines, and equipment
- Conduct brake testing of trains
- Effectively communicate with other depot personnel as well as clients and operational staff including train control face to face and via two-way radio
- Undertake shunting and marshalling of trains
- Other duties as requested
- C Class Drivers Licence (mandatory)
- Shunt qualification (preferred)
- Strong commitment to safety
- Mechanical aptitude
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- A willingness to work day & night shift (up to 12hr shifts) and including weekend work as required
What we can offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a National portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
- Development and growth opportunities
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 100 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.
To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers
For more information on this position (5389) please contact Jason on 08 9212 2568