Job Type: Full time
Location: Sarina, QLD
Remuneration/Benefit: Attractive remuneration with opportunities for career progression.
A fantastic role installing, maintain and repair substation and associated equipment to ensure the safe and effective operation of network equipment.
About the role:
- Ensure all work performed is aligned with WHS, legislative and internal policies and procedures
- Ensure all work performed is performed in accordance with technical and operational specifications
- Maintain all records and associated documentation relating to asset condition, maintenance and costing
- Report on work performed against scheduled works and equipment performance/condition irregularities
- Progress the implementation and application of work procedures and practices to ensure continuous quality improvement
- 9 on/5 off roster
- Travel across Central Queensland Coal Network (CQCN) as required for maintenance/closures
- Electrical Trade qualification (mandatory)
- Electrical fitter mechanic licence (mandatory)
- Current Class C drivers’ licence (mandatory)
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role (advantageous)
- Ability to work in a semi-autonomous manner and work within guidelines given by supervisor
- Substantial knowledge of HV Power systems, equipment and SCADA system
- High level skill in carrying out technical investigations, implementation of improvement initiatives, undertaking audits and monitoring performance of traction power equipment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to liaise with a variety of stakeholders, both internal and external
- Ability and willingness to travel and work away as part of your role
What we can offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a National portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
- Development and growth opportunities
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 100 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.
To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers